Teacher Supplies for First Grade?

Discussion in 'First Grade' started by Appbelle, Jan 10, 2010.

1. Appbelle

Appbelle New Member

Jan 10, 2010

Hi everyone,

I'm a first year teacher that just got hired for a first grade job. I am starting mid-year in another teacher's place. My main concern was knowing what supplies I will need to teach first grade, especially mid-year. I also am concerned with how to make this transition easy for students as well as parents. If anyone has any recommendations or advice, I'm all ears! :)

3. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Jan 10, 2010

The classroom may be well-stocked...see what's there.
    I would hope for :
    books at reading levels A-L
    Math manipulatives
    White boards

Good luck!!

4. old n new

old n new Rookie

Jan 11, 2010

Good Luck!

I would think that the room will already be stocked with everything you need. I started a job part way through the year and I would really suggest coming in and starting like you would at the beginning of the year. Go over your rules, expectations, and routines. Practice them over and over for the first couple of weeks. Also, take a little time to build a community atmosphere and get to know your kids. If you can find time, sort through things in your classroom as soon as you can. There are always lots of treasures hidden away. Enjoy those first graders--for the most part they love their teacher and they love to learn!