Teacher shoes?

Discussion in 'General Education' started by vivalavida, Sep 11, 2012.

1. giraffe326

giraffe326 Virtuoso

Sep 13, 2012

Oh- I could wear them. To dinner or something. I used to wear heals every day when I worked at the car dealership :wub:

When you have 4 pairs of RED heels, you know you have an addiction. I have at least 20 pairs of black heels.

2. giraffe326

giraffe326 Virtuoso

Sep 13, 2012

And thanks to my 'research' for this thread, my ads on this site are all Crocs :banghead:

3. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Sep 13, 2012

I just got addicted to shoes...I just bought some because I liked them..not really because I needed them...and my hubs already says I have enough. :eek:

4. EMonkey

EMonkey Connoisseur

Sep 16, 2012

My DH is at the point of I have to get rid of a pair in order to get a new pair.... Yeah, right, sure honey, I'll do that.

5. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Phenom

Sep 16, 2012

That's what my hubby said too! I have a shoe hanger thing on the back of the bedroom door and if it's full I will have nowhere to put new shoes! I got smart though. I change the shoe hanger by seasons so now all my summer shoes will go in my summer closet and I will have space for new shoes. He won't even notice they are different shoes hanging up :lol:

6. giraffe326

giraffe326 Virtuoso

Sep 16, 2012

I have so many shoes that I have to rotate them out of 3 different giant plastic totes. I could probably fill 5 of them.
    I bought a new pair yesterday :whistle: :blush:

7. giraffe326

giraffe326 Virtuoso

Sep 16, 2012

I have a shopping problem in general. I decided that I am not going to do any clothes repeats (well, tops) until I have worn everything once. I'm pretty sure that I can get to at least Halloween before running out of short sleeved shirts. My room is above the boiler, so I rarely wear long sleeves at all. But I am a Michigander, so I have over 30 sweaters (I counted one day) plus other long sleeved tops. If weather was not a consideration, I am pretty sure I would only have to wear each shirt twice during the school year :blush:
    And I bought a new shirt yesterday, :eek:

8. ecteach

ecteach Devotee

Sep 16, 2012

I have found that shoes with a tiny heel are better than flats. Flats will make your feet hurt, unless they have good structure to them.

9. Aussiegirl

Aussiegirl Habitué

Sep 16, 2012

I have never been a shoe maven. I've had arthritis in my feet since my 20's, so have not worn heels since then. Crocs clogs were great until I was diagnosed with fallen arches - from standing on hard school floors. Plus, I would guess the crocs didn't have enough support, but they were so cushioning. I switched to a black pair of Easy Spirit Get Up n Go. Typical, I find something I like and it is then declared discontinued! Now I am wearing a pair of nursemates. I am also limited in choice of shoes because I use an insert and it doesn't fit shoes without a back. I tried Dansk, but they fit me weird. I have a narrow heel and couldn't get a pair that fit quite right. I also have a pair of Clarks that is more dressy. For really dressy, I bite the bullet and suffer.

Love some of the crocs I've seen posted here. Never saw them around where I live!

10. heavens54

heavens54 Connoisseur

Sep 16, 2012

I also wear Borns. Very comfortable and my orthodic usually fits in them. They are mary janes. It's really hard to have comfortable shoes look fashionable is my experience.

11. vivalavida

vivalavida Companion

Sep 20, 2012

Thanks to all of your suggestions, I finally got some shoes that I think are appropriate, dressy and comfortable! I ended up deciding it was worth it to pay a little bit more for some good shoes that will hopefully last me a while. I found these to be so comfortable that I bought them in both brown and black! Thanks everyone!

http://www.clarksusa.com/eng/product/concert_choir/31358

12. knitter63

knitter63 Groupie

Sep 21, 2012

On the orthodics note, can anyone recommend shoes that the insole comes OUT so I can put my orthodics in? I am trying to find shoes that are casual, but not tennis shoes. I appreciate any help you can offer me!

13. tracykaliski

tracykaliski Connoisseur

Sep 22, 2012

Knitter....the insoles of keen shoes come out so you can put orthodics in. I have orthodics too.

14. ShoelessGal

ShoelessGal Rookie

Sep 22, 2012

Aerosoles all the way! It seems like the only affordable and comfortable brand that works with my feet!

15. knitter63

knitter63 Groupie

Sep 22, 2012

THANK YOU! I am going to start there.

16. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Sep 22, 2012

I LOVE shoes & have always loved shoe shopping. But, since having a serious ankle injury (& gaining a little weight), I stick w/ comfort brands. Sure, I'd love to wear some sexy heels at times, but I just can't. Nothing much seems to feel good on my feet hardly anymore, unless they're some not so attractive, comfort sandals. Sigh! :mad: I've wasted a bit of $ thinking certain shoes would feel good, but after a couple of wearings, they don't & stores don't just return worn shoes...it depends on how good you can make them look like new. I've always loved wedges over actual high heels though. They're more stable.

BTW, a nurse friend told me that crocs aren't as good for the feet like many people think they are.

Yeah, I'd be breaking my neck or an ankle!

17. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Sep 22, 2012

Thanks for posting mollydoll. These add a nice little height for me, are wedges, come in lots of great colors & are stylish. I may try a pair of these in the hot pink or blue.

Minutes later...

I wanted the wide width to have more room, but zappos & other sites have a very slim selection left! I got the harbor blue color. :mad:

platypusok, thanks for posting about Tom's. I got the Silver Karsen Women's Wedges.