Teacher Salaries in NC

Discussion in 'General Education Archives' started by Guest, Mar 11, 2002.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

Mar 11, 2002

To whom it may concern:

I'm a rising Junior at ECU and I'm studying Business Education. I want to teach but I was thinking about shopping around in other states because teachers don't get paid anything to teach. I feel like its the hardest job next to raising kids.

Teachers go through alot these days. Its way more dangerous to teach then it use to be. Why are teachers getting less money?

3. Seich30

Seich30 Comrade

Mar 11, 2002

Teachers have never received a "good" salary for all we put into our jobs. If you are shopping around for different state, you can rule out Florida. Yes, we have to make a living, but if I just working for money I would have never choosen teaching as my profession. Good Luck!! :)

4. Amanda

Amanda Administrator Staff Member

Mar 13, 2002

If you look at teacher salaries relative to other professional careers, the pay is going to be low no matter where you teach. You have to put that in perspective when you choose this job... You work long hours for low pay, so you have to be in it for something other than the money. :)

Also, when comparing salaries between different geographic areas, consider the differences in the cost of living. The pay usually averages out.

5. Guest

Guest Guest

Mar 18, 2002

I am a social worker turned teacher. I think that teachers get paid pretty good for the job. I lived in LA and made 19000 as a social worker.. I also worked 40 hours a week.. 5 days a week.. all year. I am now in Texas making 32500 for working 187 days.. at the most. Not to mention all the vacation time. I believe you have to remember the things that are important in YOUR life and learn to leave the bad stuff at work.. also only work the time needed!! Forget staying after hours!! Teaching is important, but the good teachers can make a difference without sacrificing thier lives! Oh and teachers here get raises every year.. come on.. at least you have off weekends, summers, holidays and personal days!!! I know people who make the same and work all year long!!!!! So smile and be happy! This is what you picked to do... if you wanted alot of money then you should become a lawyer!