Teacher Rewards card from Staples

Discussion in 'General Education' started by time2teach, May 30, 2008.

1. time2teach

time2teach Companion

May 30, 2008

3. INteacher

INteacher Aficionado

May 30, 2008

If you have an OfficeMax in your area, sometime in August (I think), they offer FREE laminating for teachers every Thursday. This thread was on this board last year so I do know each store is different - some stores only laminate one item while others (thankfully mine) wll laminate as much as you bring in.

4. Mable

Mable Enthusiast

May 30, 2008

I started using my reward card last summer when a new Staples opened in my area. Now, I won't shop anywhere else. My cashback reward comes as a coupon. So last fall, because I purchased so much, I got $40 cashback and it keeps coming. I am able to recycle my printer cartidges and it goes toward my rewards and I get free cartridges because I get $3 per cartridge. It's a GREAT program.

5. Miss W

Miss W Phenom

May 30, 2008

I use it, but since I don't frequent Staples but maybe 2 times a year it's not worth much.

Now Office Max and Office Depot give instant discounts for teachers who have their cards. That's worth it to me.

6. MelissainGA

MelissainGA Groupie

May 30, 2008

I love my Staples card. I have saved enough to buy ink for my computer printer sometimes. I also like all of the rebates that they offer. Recently I got an offer where they took $50 off of a new printer from HP. They had the one I wanted on sale for $99 when it was originally $179. They also offered a deal where you got $20 off the toner cartridge with the Staples card so that was even better :) .

I also have an Office Depot card. I don't use it as often because Staples usually has better deals if you watch their ads.

7. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

May 30, 2008

I've had my card since the beginning of the 2006 school yr. Yes, OfficeMax has a teacher card too. I'm not sure about Office Depot.

8. Pisces_Fish

Pisces_Fish Fanatic

May 30, 2008

It's only May, and I'm already getting excited about the back to school sales and our teacher reward cards lol. I just signed up for Staples the other day, I'll be heading over to Office Depot tomorrow now :)

I have lots of things I'd love to get laminated for free, but there's no OfficeMax near me :( Oh well

9. Miss W

Miss W Phenom

May 30, 2008

We're lucky with laminating. Our schools let us laminate however much we need to. We have 2 laminators in our building.

10. firstgurl85

firstgurl85 Companion

May 30, 2008

AC Moore has a teacher card- you get 10% off every purchase. Also Ann Taylor loft offers discounts if you can show you are a teacher (ID or paystub)

11. Teachling

Teachling Groupie

May 30, 2008

Me too! I signed up because I now have a Staples in my area & stopped by the other day to purchase supplies for our business. Now that I know about the discount, I will be going back more frequent.

BTW, last weekend I went on a shopping spree for school. Probably got a little carried away. :lol:

12. ZoomZoomZOOM

ZoomZoomZOOM Devotee

May 30, 2008

Yeah our school district has a recource center that's like this huge warehouse full of supplies, laminators, die-cut machines, button-makers, book-binders, etc. It's handy - you just have to get over there on a day that it's open! And then people are usually like, "I have one thing to be laminated, I heard you were going to the IRC tonight..." :p

I was going to get the teacher discount card at Office Depot and the girl told me that the regular reward card gave more money back than the teacher card did. :huh:

13. Miss W

Miss W Phenom

May 30, 2008

Of course they tell you that. But if you don't shop their often, then your rewards expire after a certain point. I'm better off getting the instant discount.

14. Irishdave

Irishdave Enthusiast

May 30, 2008

Yes you have to buy just so much during the quarter to get any rewards it is frustrating

15. emmakate218

emmakate218 Connoisseur

May 30, 2008

INTeacher - thanks for sharing the info about OfficeMax offering lamination on certain days during the month of August! I'll be sure to check at my local OfficeMax!

16. Bonnie gr. 2

Bonnie gr. 2 Companion

May 30, 2008

Office Depot has a card but they stopped the instant 5% savings. They usually have a discount for their teacher appreciation day in August. Staples has an event, too, with free things and maybe some coupons. Office Max has left my area.

17. cheeryteacher

cheeryteacher Enthusiast

May 31, 2008

The Office Max laminating is better than school laminating because it is much thicker (where schools usually use the thin laminate). I got a hand cramp trying to cut out the stuff I had Office Max laminate last year, but it was worth it.

18. loves2teach

loves2teach Enthusiast

May 31, 2008

I am going to actually try to get to office max this year. I didn't last year because it is such a drive. Hopefully they offer it on a day before school starts (we start so early!)

19. paperheart

paperheart Groupie

May 31, 2008

Will Ann Taylor Loft give you the discount on top of a sale? Thanks for letting me know. I've gotten some emails about teacher only discounts but thought it was only for a specified time period.

20. INteacher

INteacher Aficionado

May 31, 2008

My Office Max has free laminating for teachers on Thursdays and I think it starts at the beginning of August. However, almost everytime I dropped stuff off on Thursday, they asked me to come back because they had so much stuff to laminate. If it is a long drive for you, you might want drop off early and pick up later in the day.

21. snickydog

snickydog Groupie

May 31, 2008

From the Staples site:

<<Rewards: You'll earn 2% back in rewards up to $15 per quarter when you spend $200 or more at Staples within a calendar quarter on anything except computers, gift cards, postage stamps, sales tax and state fees. Awards.com™ purchases and purchases made from outside companies through Staples.>>

At OfficeMax, with the MaxPerks card for teachers, you get $10 back for every $75 you spend, and some items (like OfficeMax brand items like sticky notes or paper, printer ink, and copies) earn you those rewards faster. I think the limit is something like $100 a year. I think the MaxPerks is the far better deal of all the office supply places.

22. positiveautism

positiveautism Comrade

May 31, 2008

I have a teacher discount card from Barnes and Noble. I think it's 20% off all books for your classroom. It counts on all types of items from educational books for teachers, workbooks, or novels for an English class (just a few examples). It's really a good deal, and it's no cost to join.

My website also has lots of free stuff for teachers (lesson plans, games, cutting and tracing sheets, data sheets, etc.) Yes, I know that was a shameless plug. :) http://www.positivelyautism.com/ (click on "Free Resources").

23. Miss W

Miss W Phenom

May 31, 2008

Yep, B&N and Borders give 20% off with the teacher card.

24. ashley57

ashley57 Comrade

May 31, 2008

Jo-Ann Fabric offers teachers a 15% discount :)