Teacher Plan Book

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by LindsayRose, Jul 13, 2010.

1. histonfan

histonfan Rookie

Jul 18, 2010

what do you put in the unit?

2. cmw

cmw Groupie

Jul 18, 2010

I used the STOPE set up.

Subject/ Topic:
    Objectives:
    Procedures:
    I just wrote what activities I was doing each week.

Evaluation

3. heymrsp

heymrsp Rookie

Jul 18, 2010

I really appreciate all of the ideas in this thread. I have gone back and forth for the last few years with my lesson plans. They are not collected or reviewed since I am tenured, and no specific form is required. Once a year we have a site review and the people from our district who come in *may* want to view our lessons, so we are required to have them available...which stresses me out! I have used a standard school provided plan book, used folders with my unit plans in them, and made my own in word and put them in a binder, but nothing has fit what I am looking for yet! So thanks for all of the wonderful ideas...keep them coming!

4. pwhatley

pwhatley Maven

Jul 18, 2010

Exactly what I do.. In fact, lots of teachers at my school are adopting my template, lol!

5. pwhatley

pwhatley Maven

Jul 18, 2010

We are required to have them out and available for review at all times - even tenured teachers. It's part of our contract. Mine is just in a binder on the bookshelf closest to the door so my P can visit it anytime he chooses. I use a school- supplied attendance/grade book, that I cut apart and put in a binder, too, since I do all of my grading on the computer as well!

6. Miss W

Miss W Phenom

Jul 18, 2010

I create mine in Excel. I hated Excel until I forced myself to play around with it 4 years ago. Now I use Excel or Publisher for almost anything I create. I do my plans on 2 pages for the week, so I can have my plans open on the desk and see the whole week at a time. We're required to have a copy in the office (electronically), and a copy in a binder in our room. It's not just a piece of paper to take up room. I make mine friendly to me and still include the required elements. I keep them in a binder, with the pages in plastic protector sheets. This allows me to keep the pages back to back without any excess turning. The plans are color coordinated with a set of boxes I have on my desk for my teaching supplies for the week (one box per day w/ folders to match). The only reason my plans would not be out and open on my desk would be if a sub is in my room. I leave much more detailed plans for them in their own folder.

My gradebook is online, but I keep a paper gradebook for when I take things with me places to grade. It's a cheapy from Target ($1). Once those grades are entered into the computer I shred the page.

7. dizzykates

dizzykates Habitué

Jul 18, 2010

I use word, but I insert tables and add/eliminate boxes as needed. I type in things that don't change or things that I can circle for the day and then I print out about 10 at a time and write my plans bullet style.

For example:
    Date: Cycle Day: 1 2 3 4
    8-8:10 Pick students up from breakfast
    Return to room - sts do morning jobs
    8:15 Morning meeting
    song, game, news, message
    8:30 Literacy Centers
    center 1
    center 2
    center 3

Vertically along side this I have a note that says "8:10-8:45 A, B, & C go to ESL w/ Mrs. Z"

I do add more detail for subs if I know I am going to be gone, but I have also just left this and it works pretty well because the routines are typed into the plan already (who's gone when and on what day, wash hands and use bathroom before lunch, going home jobs are detailed in a box at the time that occurs, etc.) I like it because then I don't have to add procedures every time I am gone or have a separate page somewhere for the sub. It's just there. I've had lots of good feedback on this method.

I keep the plans in a 2 inch binder to reference year to year, but I always make new ones each year.