Teacher Parent Image Release Form

Discussion in 'Kindergarten' started by mudpie1598, Aug 4, 2007.

1. mudpie1598

mudpie1598 Companion

Aug 4, 2007

I want to take pictures of my students to decorate our classroom and hopefully make a memories CD for the end of the year, but I haven't sent a Teacher-Parent-Student Image Release Form. Do you have any websites where I can look at some sample images or perhaps, you'd like to share your own with me?

Thanks!

3. little317

little317 Groupie

Aug 5, 2007

Does your school send one out? If not, make up your own that explains to the parents what the photos will be for.

Every school in our county sends one out. I actually had a parent refuse to sign it. But after conferencing with the parent, she stated that classroom photos that I took for classroom purposes were ok, but she just didn't want her kid in the newspaper.

4. cutNglue

cutNglue Magnifico

Aug 5, 2007

I actually had a conversation with my child's youth center. I would like to have it be more specific too. In the long run I don't mind my child posted on their bulletin boards for caught doing good or whatever they want to display (yes the form was interpreted that way). I don't even mind his picture being taken for other purposes IF I was notified and asked. I just don't want my child's picture floating out there in some newspaper I didn't know about or some other purpose I didn't know about. If you give me a blanket form, I select NO every time when really I don't mind sometimes.

5. Emma35

Emma35 Connoisseur

Aug 5, 2007

We don't have to send out a release if we do something like an end of the year CD. In our school handbook there is a form if parents wish to opt-out of media releases including our classroom webpage. Usually no one opts-out but there has been a few.