Teacher "office" area

Discussion in 'General Education' started by Backroads, Aug 18, 2019.

1. Backroads

Backroads Aficionado

Aug 18, 2019

It has been a bee in my bonnet this week that I want to make my teacher desk area more professional. I use a table as my desk and actually love and prefer that, but as far as shelving... I have some plastic drawers (like those well enough) and milk crate shelves. I would really love to upgrade from crates, but I can't decide what. Those basic little wooden bookshelves inexplicably irk me, so I'd like to avoid those. But I am design challenged. I don't need much, just a couple of shelves or similar storage, and looking a little more professional.

Ideas? What does your space look like?

Edit: if it helps, I'm sure there's more storage options floating around my school and I can of course order something, I just don't know what I want.

Tired Teacher likes this.
  3. MrsC

MrsC Multitudinous

Aug 18, 2019

I have a cart like to the first one pictured, but with 4 baskets. I use it to organize all of the paper that the students produce! I also have one similar to the second cart--it's bright red metal and, instead of flat shelves, it has bins. It's about a meter long, and I put it in a L-shape with my table (I don't use a desk either). I have some nice file bins from 31 Bags, I think) to hold my files and resource books.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Tired Teacher and Backroads like this.
  4. Tired Teacher

Tired Teacher Comrade

Aug 18, 2019

I am as not as good of a decorator as I once was...:)
    I use my desk just for my calendar and a few pretty decorations the kids have given me.
    I use the above carts ( the top 1 pictured.) to organize everything from teacher books to student work. They aren't works of art, but are very convenient.

Backroads and MrsC like this.
  5. Ima Teacher

Ima Teacher Maven

Aug 18, 2019

Backroads likes this.
  6. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Phenom

Aug 19, 2019

I have a whole corner for my teacher's desk and computer desk so I'm looking for ideas too. I am realizing that I do have a lot of space UNDER my 2 desks so i'm going to measure the space and see what I can fit.