Teacher Memorabilia

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by teacherlissa, Nov 23, 2009.

1. teacherlissa

teacherlissa Comrade

Nov 23, 2009

Or..."stuff". What do you do with all of those notes, letters, pictures, etc that you get from current students, former students, and/or parents?

I am a huge scrapbooker BUT I don't want to scrapbook these things. They aren't "scrapable"...doubled sided letters, cards that open, etc. What do you do? Right now they are in a Wal-Mart bag and shoe box. :confused:

3. halpey1

halpey1 Groupie

Nov 23, 2009

Wow, I have it all above my desk, but was planning on trashing it at the end of the year... maybe I'm just an unsentimental man? :unsure:

4. teacherlissa

teacherlissa Comrade

Nov 23, 2009

Well, I don't mean the pictures that your students draw you on a daily basis. I mean the heartfelt letters from parents that are so sweet you can't bring yourself to throw away or the "Why Ms. _________ is my favorite teacher" essays, etc. The stuff you need to bring out when you have a low day and need a little bit of encouragement.

5. halpey1

halpey1 Groupie

Nov 23, 2009

OH! Well, I get many letters from parents via email. So those are very easy to keep electronically. My kindergartners don't write me letters about why I'm their favorite teacher... yet. Mostly I get letters that just say "I LOVE YOU MR. HALPERN" - usually with my name misspelled. :) I have a crate on a shelf where I throw that stuff... I'm not sure what I'm keeping it for, but I do save it for a rainy day.

6. runsw/scissors

runsw/scissors Phenom

Nov 23, 2009

I keep special cards, letters, and pictures in a file folder labled "Happy Notes" in the drawer of my desk. When I am feeling glum or underaprreciated I pull them out and go through them. It reminds me why I keep teaching. Not everything goes there, just extra special momentos.

7. tracykaliski

tracykaliski Connoisseur

Nov 23, 2009

I have a file in my filing cabinet at home called "Nice Notes". I only keep the ones that touch me and every once in a while I go through them and read them, especially when I'm feeling like I need a shot in the arm.