Teacher Interview Questionnaire

Discussion in 'Preschool' started by amethysst, Mar 17, 2008.

1. amethysst

amethysst Rookie

Mar 17, 2008

Ladies I need some help --- A coworker who is also a college student has asked my help with a teacher questionnaire --- I have started answering the questions but there are so many and complex. I am going to post the questionnaire and anyone who wants to take a crack at a question or two -- your answers would be most welcome. I am starting to get brain freeze.

The following are the first four sections of this questionnaire -- I thought I would post it and see what kind of response I get. . . If you are inerested ladies I would love your input. Thanks!!!

Communication

How do you encourage children in a positive and supportive manner?

How do you use interaction with the children during routines like individual work, cooperative learning, and whole group activities?

How do you provide opportunities for the children to learn form one another?

What kind of individual and group activities do you do with the children?

Continuous Improvement

How do you communicate a child's progress to the family and colleagues? And what kind of information is generally shared?

Do you increase your professional growth by participating in training and or other professional development experiences?

Do you feel like you learn things for you colleagues? And have developed professional relationships with them?

Do you have any short term or long term goals related to your professional development?

Diversity

How do you make students form different diverse cultures and linguistic backgrounds feel accepted and an equal in your classroom?

How do you make sure all children feel accepted in the classroom?

Do you recognize that children have different learning styles? And what kind of activities do you do in your classroom to cater to the different learning styles of your children?

What kind of materials do you have in you classroom that promotes diversity?

Ethics

How do you make sure your children are kept safe and away from things or places that could be harmful to them in any way (physically, developmental, social, etc.)?

Do you in any way restrain your children form learning in your classroom?

Do you allow your personal opinions to affect your teaching in any way?

Do you have any basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic origin, political beliefs, martial status, handicap conditions, social status, economic status or sexual preference?

3. Master Pre-K

Master Pre-K Virtuoso

Mar 18, 2008

I'll take the easy one!

I make sure my library contains books about children from various types of backgrounds and cultures. I make an effort to play music from other languages, and explain to my children what the words are conveying. I discuss ethnic clothing, foods, and traditions during different holidays. I have a concern with administrators who don't belive in celebrating religious holidays. I believe that we should acknowledge the beliefs, customs and traditions, as part of history and social/emotional well-being. For example, today is St. Patrick's Day, but my program did not mention this at all! This was an important holiday in my elementary years! I would encourage children and parents to share favorite folk tales, dances, and special foods, even if there were no children of this race in my class.

I would make an effort to learn how to say a common word in another language. I would encourage a racially diverse class to learn about not only their own cultures, but cultures from other ethnic groups. People in Chicago area represent over 20+ ethnic backgrounds. What do we know about Lithuania or Hati? Are we aware that there are two languages spoke in China? Mandarin and Cantonese?

I would go beyond the traditional play food from other lands in my housekeeping area. I would encourage families to bring empty cartons of real food products to place in my classroom!

I would make sure that children who do not understand English have an assistant to help translate. I would encourage them to use English, as well as their native tongue. I would be senstive to individual needs of my students, realizing some cultures are taught not to look adults directly in the eye, or children to speak their opinions. I would find other ways to reach these students, and let them know their thoughts are accepted, and perhaps let them draw pictures instead of making oral reports.

Finally, I would use real photos, and magazine pictures to cover my walls with all the children of the Earth!

p.s. Don't forget we have a lot of guys here at the forum. Open your questions to them as well!

4. amethysst

amethysst Rookie

Mar 18, 2008

I knew I could count on you Master PreK. I really appreciate it! That is only half of the questionnaire! I will take your advice and post in another area as well.

5. Master Pre-K

Master Pre-K Virtuoso

Mar 18, 2008

your welcomed!