Teacher got mad at me

Discussion in 'Student & Preservice Teachers' started by Teacheraa, Aug 12, 2008.

1. Teacheraa

Teacheraa Rookie

Aug 12, 2008

I guess the kids left their tables without cleaning up and left the tables earlier because I told them they could do something else but I had my reasons. Honestly I didnt do anything out of the ordinary so I dont know why she got mad at me. Not looking forward to dealing with this tomorrow especially since Im not sure why I did wrong.

3. Caesar753

Caesar753 Multitudinous

Aug 12, 2008

What were your reasons for letting students leave their tables messy?

4. Alisha

Alisha Cohort

Aug 12, 2008

Yeah, I think we need more information, it doesn't make much sense right now.

5. Teacheraa

Teacheraa Rookie

Aug 12, 2008

oh.....um.....well.....i was just going to put it away for them, theyre 5 and

I have seen the teacher walk around the tables picking up their scraps to throw away I guess to save time so

I folowed suit and figured this is a teacher who is not so into the whole "clean up your mess" thing

And I just didnt think of it ...

6. catnfiddle

catnfiddle Moderator

Aug 12, 2008

Shake it off and accept it as your first lesson learned. You're the teacher, not the chambermaid. Have a great Wednesday!

7. SuzieQ

SuzieQ Companion

Aug 13, 2008

catnfiddle

"Shake it off and accept it as your first lesson learned. You're the teacher, not the chambermaid. Have a great Wednesday! "

I agree. Teachers have to model expected behavior. If you see her (teacher) clean up after students and then you do it and she gets upset, it may send mixed messages. I would not do that especially when I know a guest or sub teacher is watching me. If I did not model that behavior, I would tell the aide or guest teacher at the end of the day to have the students accountable for their own behavior by cleaning up. It is a learning experience for the teacher as well as the student teacher. Have a great day and enjoy being with the students.:)