Teacher Evidence

Discussion in 'General Education' started by NewTeacher12345, Dec 30, 2019.

1. NewTeacher12345

NewTeacher12345 Rookie

Dec 30, 2019

Hi, I have asked this question before but I am still a little confused. I'll be asking my mentor when I get back from break. I am a first year teacher in MA and am wondering what the end of year evidence binder is supposed to look like. The same person has explained this to all new teachers many times that it is almost even more confusing. I know we need 12 pieces of evidence but is that ALL evidence towards our 2 SMART goals? I know family engagement is an indicator. Would I include a piece of evidence towards that even though it has nothing to do with our goals? Ive also heard of their being 4 indicators, 12, 14, and 16. Which is the correct # that we have to cover? Do we have to cover them all? How many pieces of evidence do we need towards our goals? It's hard to tell if I need evidence for being an effective teacher or towards completion of my goals. I don't know why this is so confusing. I don't think my school's mentor coordinator knows how to explain this to us. Thank you!

3. K2fun

K2fun Rookie

Dec 31, 2019

I recently retired from a Mass. district. I 'm happy to be done with that confusing and time consuming teacher evaluation process! Different districts may require more evidence in certain areas, so be sure to double check with your mentor.
    Here's what mine looked like. I had 2 pieces of evidence for each of the 4 Standards ------------- I.Curriculum, Planning, and Assessment, II.Teaching All Students, III.Family and Community Engagement, and IV.Professional Culture. I just picked indicators that I knew I could produce some evidence for. I also had 2 pieces of evidence for each of my Smart Goals. Some of my evidence could apply to more than one indicator and/or smart goal.. I included that info on each Educator Collection of Evidence Form. I hope this helps.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2019
    MrTempest likes this.
  4. Ms.Holyoke

Ms.Holyoke Connoisseur

Jan 1, 2020

Feel free to PM me with any questions! I teach in MA.

5. NewTeacher12345

NewTeacher12345 Rookie

Jan 1, 2020

Hi! That would be awesome because I’m still a little confused! How do I pm you on this website?

Tired Teacher likes this.
  6. Tired Teacher

Tired Teacher Cohort

Jan 1, 2020

I do not think you can. I still can't start a conversation. I am not sure if you need to make 1,000 posts or what. It is a bummer because some questions, I'd feel more comfy answering privately!

NewTeacher12345 likes this.
  7. NewTeacher12345

NewTeacher12345 Rookie

Jan 9, 2020

At the top of your home screen it should say "Start New Thread"

Tired Teacher likes this.
  8. Tired Teacher

Tired Teacher Cohort

Jan 10, 2020

It does, but if I type on it, it won't do a private conversation. Can you tell me what to do next? Thanks!