Teacher eval- year end Marshall, Danielson, et al...

Discussion in 'General Education' started by czacza, May 24, 2014.

1. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

May 24, 2014

For those on 4 point rubric teacher eval system, drop by observations and/or Student Growth Objectives: how's it going? I achieved both my SGOs and had my year end conference with my P...I'm very satisfied with how it went. Anyone else getting year-end feedback yet?

3. janlee

janlee Devotee

May 24, 2014

I was rated highly effective in all 4 domains of Danielson framework. All students met their end of year goals in MAP testing.

4. FourSquare

FourSquare Fanatic

May 24, 2014

I don't have an overall rating yet, but my observations have been fine...so I am expecting at least "Proficient." I usually do very well in Domains 2 and 3, with proficients in 1 and 4. Mostly cause I hate doing lesson plans thoroughly/on time. :lol:

5. iteachbx

iteachbx Enthusiast

May 24, 2014

I have my end of year meeting this week. We used all 22 components of Danielson this year for the first time. I had one developing after my first informal (they gave everyone at least 1 to show growth throughout the year) by my last everything was highly effective and effective. Next year they're knocking it down to 8 components if our new contract is ratified. I wasn't bending over backwards to be highly effective and effective, so I would've survived with 22 again. However, I honestly don't really remember what exactly I was highly effective in vs. effective cause so many components were similar or just blur together in my memory. (Sure I have it in writing, but it's not something I refer to frequently.) With only 8 I feel like I'll be more focused and can work to be highly effective in all 8. Unfortunately because our evaluations are also tied in with state test scores that will most likely prevent me from being highly effective overall, not matter how much I bust my but as a teacher. I teach inclusion in an inner city school.

6. swansong1

swansong1 Virtuoso

May 25, 2014

In my (now old) school we used to be able to get a 4 by doing something exceptional in the classroom lesson. Over the last couple of years the system seems to have morphed into something that is not even related to our classroom skills. In order to get a 4 this year, the teachers have to excel at something school-wide like running a club, planning field trips, bringing speakers in, etc. Unless you were the P's pet.

7. chebrutta

chebrutta Enthusiast

May 25, 2014

I have no idea what is going on with the eval. There has been a ton of controversy with the way our scores are calculated. I literally just received my final scores for the last two years in the mail. No breakdown - just the number.

I was rated highly effective this year for Instructional practice. FCAT scores aren't out yet, so it could be another year or two before I know my final score for this year.

8. gr3teacher

gr3teacher Phenom

May 25, 2014

I don't know which model our new evaluation system is based off of. I just know that my evaluator looked me in the eyes last year and told me that it would be impossible for me to earn a 4 for content knowledge because I was too new of a teacher, even though I had taken over 30 college-equivalent credits in the three years I had been at the district, and had spent the entire summer before helping to write the curriculum for the grade level. Coincidentally, that is also the exact moment where I stopped giving a crap about my evaluation, as long as I had a high enough score to be reappointed.

9. iteachbx

iteachbx Enthusiast

May 25, 2014

In addition, I won't get my official evaluation until next September most likely, because a big part of it is based on state test scores and we don't get the official scores until August. (Which is SO frustrating.) Since I'm up for tenure I most likely won't get the official word on that until then too.

10. donziejo

donziejo Devotee

May 25, 2014

I had my final evaluation and never heard anything.g I've checked our website and nothing has been posted. I've checked with other teacher's that were evacuated by the same administrator and they're in the same boat. Our school was out last Friday. Makes me wonder ?????.

11. queenie

queenie Groupie

May 28, 2014

I've had my formal evaluation conference and was very pleased! There were a few areas that I had marked as "accomplished" and my P bumped them up to "distinguished." I ended up with 9 distinguished and 7 accomplished marks and "highly effective" in both Math and Reading. :) Thanks for asking! I feel comfortable "bragging" when it's anonymous! lol

12. catnfiddle

catnfiddle Moderator

May 28, 2014

I earned a high Skilled for my formal evaluation. Unfortunately, only 26% of my students took my SLO pre-test and post-test, and I missed goal by only 2%. This took me down to Developing now that the SLO counts for my final teacher ranking. That being said, there is pending state legislation to change or delay this implementation.