Teacher Discounts

Discussion in 'General Education' started by HorseLover, Aug 11, 2013.

1. HorseLover

HorseLover Comrade

Aug 11, 2013

I noticed that Office Max has a few days where they offer 25% discount to teachers, and they even have a place on their site where you can look up which days it will be in your area

Office Max Teacher Appreciation

Does anyone know of other stores that offer discounts to teachers (either during a set period of time or all the time)?

3. waterfall

waterfall Virtuoso

Aug 11, 2013

J. Crew and NY & Co offer a discount. Most book stores I've been to do also. If I'm remembering correctly Christopher and Banks has a discount too- I'm a little young for that store but I do buy gifts for my mom there occasionally.

4. giraffe326

giraffe326 Virtuoso

Aug 11, 2013

Michaels gives 15% every day with a teacher ID.

5. applecore

applecore Devotee

Aug 11, 2013

The Staples discount is probably already well known, but you pay $10 for a %15 discount card, good until the end of August (I think).

6. AZALE

AZALE Rookie

Aug 11, 2013

Joanns has 10% everyday for teachers. You have to sign up for their discount card and show your ID.

7. MsMar

MsMar Fanatic

Aug 12, 2013

The discounts I know of are
    Barnes and Nobles
    JoAnns
    AC Moore
    Michaels

All of them are 15% off as far as I can recall. With Michaels you just show a teacher ID, they don't issue a card. With JoAnn and B&N, show your ID, fill out a form, and get a card that lasts a year. AC Moore I'm not sure how they do it as I haven't been there for a while.

8. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Aug 12, 2013

9. myangel52

myangel52 Comrade

Aug 12, 2013

Verizon has a discount for my school district. 18%, worth looking into. Never hurts to ask, right? It is applied to our monthly bill, not to items like phones.

I am loving the list of other places that offer a discount. I need to look into them more!

10. cheeryteacher

cheeryteacher Enthusiast

Aug 12, 2013

AT&T. I believe it's 15%.

11. applecore

applecore Devotee

Aug 12, 2013

Sprint gives teachers 18% off as well.

I miss Vista print's mega coupons I use to get in my email. :(

12. applecore

applecore Devotee

Aug 12, 2013

It really is backwards and I still haven't purchased one. I usually just say no thank you because I need the $10 to use on my purchases.

13. Harmony2

Harmony2 Companion

Aug 12, 2013

We got 21%. :)

14. Harmony2

Harmony2 Companion

Aug 12, 2013

I don't think the Staples discount is all that great, but they are having their appreciation day on the 17th, and that day there is a lot of chances to get a bigger discount.

Lakeshore Learning gives a good discount; I get emails every day for something. Right now they are having a lot of BOGO's.

15. Bored of Ed

Bored of Ed Enthusiast

Aug 12, 2013

Maybe I'm missing something. I was at Staples today and the cashier told me the card would only cost me $1 (because they offer it cheaper with a bigger purchase, or something), and the 15% off would apply to my purchases at that time. It seemed to me like I'd be paying $1 to get about $5 off that day (I spent about $50 but $9 was on something excluded) plus 15% every other time I hit Staples until Sept 21. Did I miss something? I bought it :unsure:

16. Harmony2

Harmony2 Companion

Aug 12, 2013

I watched something play out at Staples tonight that really turned me off to them; apparently the Better Binders have a lifetime return policy; you can return and exchange/recycle them for new ones every year with your receipt. These sweet kids, a brother and sister, came in with all their binders and receipt, and wanted to exchange for new. The cashier made a comment that the binders looked too nice to exchange, and that she didn't think they would qualify, and even when the manager said ok, she still kept complaining...then something happened and the manager came back over and said they would have to wait to get some kind of credit from Staples corporate. So the kids walked out with nothing. Kind of seemed like very bad customer service to me.

17. Bored of Ed

Bored of Ed Enthusiast

Aug 12, 2013

Hm. That's lousy customer service, but on the other hand I never knew about that binder policy and theoretically it's a good one. Binders die and the "better binders" are not too expensive in the first place. But original receipt?! Bleh. You had to have bought it at Staples, isn't it a proprietary product? I guess it's that part that keeps them from losing money on this, who holds onto a store receipt until their looseleaf dies?