teacher desk

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by PinkLily, Aug 6, 2007.

1. PinkLily

PinkLily Companion

Aug 6, 2007

I'm thinking of getting rid of MY desk this year to open up the room and hopefully stay more organized. I don't use my desk often and I tend to pile loads of stuff on it. I'm thinking if it's not there I'll be forced to stay more organized. I already have a table in my class for group work, so I was thinking that I could sit there when needed. I'm pretty sure that I can use my filing cabinet and a rolling storage thing to keep my things off the table. Has anyone ever done this before? Do you think it will work? Will I miss my desk when it's gone?

3. Ms.Jasztal

Ms.Jasztal Maven

Aug 6, 2007

I put mine on the tiled area of our classroom this year.

Which grade do you teach?

How large is your room, and how is it organized? Maybe you can come up with an idea for putting the desk in a better place than it was in previous years.

4. terptoteacher

terptoteacher Connoisseur

Aug 6, 2007

If you don't use it now, you probably won't miss it.:cool:

I can't get rid of my desk--can't even move it because of the computer wires and the document camera etc.

5. ibmrsh

ibmrsh Rookie

Aug 7, 2007

I got rid of mine as I never used it! I use my reading group table as my desk when the kids aren't there and it works perfectly. I haven't missed one little bit! :) I say go for it.

6. PinkLily

PinkLily Companion

Aug 7, 2007

Thanks ibmrsh, you confirmed exactly what I was thinking. I too am going to use my guided reading table when needed. Other than that, I don't think I'll miss my desk.