Teacher Burnout!

Discussion in 'General Education' started by Regan@Off2Class, Dec 15, 2021.

1. Regan@Off2Class

Regan@Off2Class Rookie

Dec 15, 2021

How are y’all feeling toward this end of the year? I am so burnt out and feeling guilty about it. Any other teachers feel the same way?

3. waterfall

waterfall Virtuoso

Dec 15, 2021

I am definitely ready for break. This year has been hard, but I don't seem to be having AS hard of a time as everyone else reports. Almost every I talk to, my school and elsewhere, says this year is harder than last year. I don't feel that way at all. I am much happier this year than I was last year. I know a ton of staff at my school would quit if they could afford to do so.

4. whizkid

whizkid Connoisseur

Dec 15, 2021

Definitely a rough year. We're all tired.

5. creativemonster

creativemonster Cohort

Dec 16, 2021

Far more stressed than in past...unless I have forgotten how stressed I was last year...and year before...and before...and so on.

6. LauraW

LauraW Rookie

Dec 18, 2021

As for me, the previous year was harder psychologically. I feel this year is easier concerning school stuff, but much harder financially. I even had to search for additional income. From the other hand, I'm happy I had some time for side work with https://www.topwritersreview.com/reviews/mastersthesiswriting/ guys. So this year had its pros and cons, but I'd say it's nonetheless a little easier than 2020 was.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2021
  7. Ima Teacher

Ima Teacher Virtuoso

Dec 20, 2021

I retired December 1 because I didn’t want to be the burned out teacher that needed to go to the house way before they actually did.

8. Clifton Curtis

Clifton Curtis Rookie

Dec 29, 2021

Breaks at the end of the year? But what for? I don’t think we are ever going to go away with responsibilities and burdens that we have to carry. This is something I have been thinking of lately as well. That is the true meaning of a holiday or a break. We tend to look towards the positive side of having a couple of hours free. But we fail to understand that after these few off hours, we have to get back to work. This is where I want to bring a change that a holiday must come for two days a week. In this way, we can manage the work for 5 days knowing a full weekend lies ahead for us. These 10 days off in a year in a job, and a few days off at the end of the year are nothing but a bribe for me. I believe it has to be more for the people that spend their souls in a building throughout the year such as teachers. But yeah, I am definitely looking forward to 2022 and making sure that next year may bring some positive news for us rather than these bribery holidays.