Teacher Back to School Clothes

Discussion in 'Elementary Education Archives' started by 5thgraderocks, Jul 19, 2006.

1. Proud2BATeacher

Proud2BATeacher Phenom

Jul 23, 2006

I knew a kg. teacher who wouldn't let the students touch here and she wouldn't touch them. She came in her expensive outfits, diamond ear rings/bracele/necklaces, etc...

2. nasimi77

nasimi77 Groupie

Jul 23, 2006

Nordstrom's Rack totally Rocks...key word: SALE. (otherwise even they can be a bit pricey) I have found some nice things at ROSS, as well as good ol' Target.

3. mathandme

mathandme Rookie

Jul 23, 2006

[ I start to wear dressy slacks and usually boots (my team thinks I'm crazy to wear them all day, but they don't bother me... Plus I'm short and need the height!) ]

Wow, that is exactly me. I wear boots all day long , 365 (or almost) days. I wear high heels beacuse I am short, and boots do protect your feet from injury. And they look real good with slacks.

4. mayobebe

mayobebe Rookie

Jul 23, 2006

This is my first year as a teacher, but I will probably continue to dress business casual as I have with my past jobs - dress pants or skirts with button downs, sweaters, or nice shirts. I like to shop at Express, NY & Co, Target, and sale racks at Dillard's, etc.

Question - those of you who teach in warmer areas, do you wear open-toed nicer looking shoes (not flip flops)? I'm talking about a nice pair of black dress sandals with a black skirt and white button shirt, for example.

5. shasha379

shasha379 Devotee

Jul 23, 2006

I wear dressy sandals all the time.

6. mayobebe

mayobebe Rookie

Jul 23, 2006

Great, thanks! That makes me feel better. I wasn't too excited about possibly having to wear bulky shoes in 90 degree weather. ;)

7. loves2teach

loves2teach Enthusiast

Jul 23, 2006

I wear sandals as well :) I even wear flip flops occasionally.

8. katenar

katenar Cohort

Jul 23, 2006

I live in Arizona and we definitely wear nice open toe sandals. It's almost a must (though I admit I must have a pedicure done for me to do it). :)

I also shop and New York and Company. I love that place!!! Every month I get postcards from them. If I spend $150, I get $60 off. You can't beat that (I think you can spend $75 and get $30 off as well but I never opt for the $75 :p ) Also if you sign up for their mailer on their webpage at http://www.nyandcompany.com/ to get these coupons e-mailed to you as well. I think I get 3 or 4 offers a month.....if only I was paid that much to go that many times. :cool:

9. AMK

AMK Aficionado

Jul 23, 2006

I always wear nice open toe sandals.
    For a few years I worked in a school where I wasn't supposed to wear opened toed shoes. I said jokingly to the principal and vice principal (two men in their 60's) "Well find me a pair of shoes I don't have to wear stockings with in 90 degree heat and I will wear them." They never said anything.

If your not sure what to wear ask a teacher. I am lucky to have a few young teachers at my school so I asked when one when I first started what I could wear and she helped me out a lot.