Teacher Assistant End of Year Gifts

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by applecore, May 23, 2010.

1. applecore

applecore Devotee

May 23, 2010

We're making end of the year popcorn buckets for our teacher assistants this week, and I was wondering if you have any ideas as to what to put into them?:confused:

:wub:We're blessed beyond to have 8 of the most fantastic, talented teacher aides that go above and beyond the call of duty! I say this because I have two that have watched my little critters for me on short notice for IEP meetings and other issues that have cropped up over the year.

There's six of us on the team that are either baking, making, or buying stuff to add to the buckets.

:dizzy:So far I've bought the buckets and the popcorn and now in need of other ideas. I'd love to personalize each one, however, time and money is neither my friend....:lol:

Love some ideas if you got them!:thanks:

3. SpecSub

SpecSub Comrade

May 23, 2010

Put in some supplies for their desks for next year: pencils, pens, erasers, stickers, sanitizer - the kind of things assistants usually have to buy with their own money to use with the kids, although they are paid little. Just kind of stock them up for next year, you know?

4. hac711

hac711 Companion

May 23, 2010

You can be cute and give them a pack of red pens and hand sanitizer from B & B works

5. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

May 23, 2010

Tickets to the movies or movie rental gift cards? 'Movie candy': snowcaps, junior mints...

6. Newto3rd

Newto3rd Companion

May 23, 2010

Some coke (any flavor - from the South so it's alllll "coke"), candy, peanuts

Easy and cheap, but lets them know you appreciate their work.

7. applecore

applecore Devotee

May 23, 2010

Thank you so much for your ideas! Cheap and easy...gotta love those two words together. Seeing how they don't get any job perks financially (well, getting a paycheck is a perk, but you know what I mean), I like the sticky note ideas. I stocked up on sticky notes, okay, so I bought them out, at Staples when they were buy one get two free. I really really really love Staples sales!! Pop and lots and lots of goodies are all great ideas too! :thumb::thumb:

They're buckets will be overflowing with goodies!