Teacher Appreciation

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by czacza, May 3, 2010.

1. Harper

Harper Companion

May 7, 2010

Funny, I felt appreciated by many, but not by P. She was in a bad mood all week, made several of us feel lousy, and we did not get so much as a card or thank you from P. Usually there is at least a pen and notepad, little gift card, something...
    Nada.
    That's ok - several cute cards and notes from students. That's what really matters :)

2. buck8teacher

buck8teacher Devotee

May 7, 2010

Well my school district ended the week by officially riffing teachers that were effected by our budget cuts. Happy Teacher Appreciation Week! :(

3. Jem

Jem Aficionado

May 7, 2010

Aw, buck-I'm so sorry.

We ended on a great note this week. I didn't bring anything in today, as a parent dropped off a chocolate cake yesterday for today and we had left over muffins.

Today was a PD day, however, and the director really did a great job wrapping up the Appreciation aspect of the week. After we started the meeting, he gave us 20 minutes to just mingle, get coffee and grab a muffin and tell each other how we appreciate each other individually. It was so lovely. I don't spend nearly enough time with the baby and pre-school teachers, but I love them all. It was a wonderful chance to really talk with them and tell them that. There is a woman who works with the babies, and she also cleans our bathrooms. I felt silly focusing in on that, but I appreciate it SOOOO much. Anyhow, it was a WONDERFUL way to start the meeting and end the week.

4. TeacherShelly

TeacherShelly Aficionado

May 7, 2010

Our school holds Teacher Appreciation Week in February! A long time ago the teachers asked the parents if it could be celebrated in February instead of May because in May everyone is going nuts with end-of-year stuff, but in February it feels like the year will never end. We're the only school in our district (in the world?) to have it at a different time !

5. Blue

Blue Aficionado

May 8, 2010

That teacher who cleans the bathrooms deserves and extra hug.

6. chebrutta

chebrutta Enthusiast

May 8, 2010

My most challenging class (behavior-wise. They are BRILLIANT, but drive me nuts) all chipped in and gave me a very nice present for my room yesterday. They apologized, though; they said they wanted to get me Tim Tebow, but "he's bigger than us & we didn't think we could force him into a box." :lol:

This was definitely the nicest teacher appreciation week I've ever had. I truly love this school!

7. DHE

DHE Connoisseur

May 8, 2010

what a lovely thought

8. dragonfly05

dragonfly05 Companion

May 8, 2010

We had teacher appreciation week! They had something special for us each day. Some of the things they did for us were: a candy bar, ice cream sundae delivered to our class, smoothie delivered to our class, parent sponsored potluck, nacho bar, omelets for breakfast...

It was a great week! They also gave us little gifts each day too! I also got quite a few things from my parents as well. I definitely felt appreciated this week. :D