Teacher Appreciation Gifts

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by cutNglue, May 3, 2011.

1. cutNglue

cutNglue Magnifico

May 3, 2011

Since we are on an island now, I am going to make a treasure bottle. Inside will be a few shells, gold coins, a letter by my son (made to look aged), and a few other trinkets. I'm thinking a little candy, Shisa dogs (or some Japanese trinket), and a gift card. I'm thinking of doing this for both his teachers and his para.

Are any of you doing anything?

3. amakaye

amakaye Enthusiast

May 3, 2011

That sounds very nice, cng.

I have no kids of my own, so I can only speak from the 'other side'. Yesterday we had a small potted flower. Today we got an assortment of teas, with a note saying, "You're a 'tea-riffic' teacher!" As it's a cold, rainy day here, that was perfect!

4. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Maven

May 3, 2011

We get a poster that says, "Happy Teacher Appreciation Week". Nice, huh?

5. cutNglue

cutNglue Magnifico

May 3, 2011

Turns out my child had other ideas. I think boys know that there is nothing that says "girls/women" like flowers. So he had to pick out potted plants for all his teachers and even the sub aide that comes to his room 30 minutes a day. Make no mistake. This took over 2 hours. We picked out bigger ones for his teacher, sped teacher and aide and then smaller ones for everyone else. Each plant (big or small) was carefully chosen. Even the one for the male counselor had thought behind it. So all in all we got 12 plants. The librarian got one too. Right now I have him writing Thank You letters to his 3 main teachers.

I admit, he had pretty good taste for a 2nd grade boy. It started with this bamboo plant.

http://www.delaflowers.com/images/products/grower/Column_Bamboo_H.jpg

I would love to share the rest of the beautiful plants he got but I don't know the names of them and it is written in Japanese. :whistle:

6. silverspoon65

silverspoon65 Enthusiast

May 3, 2011

We got breakfast today from one of the student clubs - yogurt, muffins, water, and juice. I pretended the muffins weren't there. lol

The superintendent will be around with something for us today - along the lines of a mug, paperweight, id zip cord, etc.

7. TiffanyL

TiffanyL Cohort

May 3, 2011

I made cupcakes to look like and ice cream sundae (put them in a waffle bowl and topped with sprinkles and magic shell). They also got mints with a poem that uses "mint" throughout it.

Other simple little ideas throughout the week and our PTO is giving them something each day.

Oh, and lots of decorations of course in the work room, office, etc. We decorated the doors, hall leading to the workroom, etc.

8. Mrs. Q

Mrs. Q Cohort

May 3, 2011

My son is in daycare, but I got his two teachers a nice water bottle and filled it with all sorts of candy. Then he drew them a nice picture and I helped him write a thank-you note.

Our district put on the website that it's Teacher Appreciation Week, but so far we haven't gotten or done anything.

9. Kindergarten31

Kindergarten31 Cohort

May 3, 2011

This year our PTA is trying something different and so far it seems to have worked. On Monday, the parents of children in K-1 sent in snacks for "dip day"; today is "baked goodies" day (2nd and 3rd); Wednesday, the PTA is having a catered lunch for all the teachers; Thurs-"fruit, juice and healthy options" day (4th) and Friday is pizza day (5th). As much as teachers like to eat--it seems like a good idea. I just can't handle another MUG!!

10. Teaching Grace

Teaching Grace Connoisseur

May 3, 2011

The school is doing a couple of things for us: doughnuts and coffee, ice cream, lunch, and a few other nicities. We were supposed to have sub sandwhiches for lunch today but they weren't able to get them delivered in time... plus they closed down the teacher bar. So we had asian chicken bites :( Not real thrilled about it, but it was just a bad series of events out of anyone's control.

My room mom has been wonderful about gifts so far. Jellies that I love, cookies, biscotti, etc. I had another little girl bring a card yesterday and then a box of chocolates today. I also got a notepad set from one of my boys. They are really sweet kids :)