Taylor got in to the Montessori School!!!!!

Discussion in 'Montessori' started by KDS, Jun 16, 2009.

1. KDS

KDS Companion

Jun 16, 2009

I am beside myself with excitement.:woot:

I was at the aquarium getting ready to teach a class when my boss at the station (I work for a PBS station) called and said the Montessori school was looking for me....TODAY! So i called my hubby (he is a teacher, so he and Taylor are having Boy's Vacation) and had him call.

They went over and picked up the papers that he needs to sign for the Spanish Enrichment 2nd grade classes.

THANK YOU for all of your advice and words of encouragement. :hugs:

Please let me know what you as a teacher would like from a parent. What should we do over the summer to best prepare him???

Dawn
    http://corpuschristimontessori.com

(if you want to see the school website!)

3. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Jun 16, 2009

Congrats!

4. Pattypoo

Pattypoo Comrade

Jun 16, 2009

Yeah! Our school offers a summer refresher for 2 weeks during the summer for new and returning EL students. You might want to check that out. Otherwise, have a great time this summer. He will be fine. It might take a little while for him to get use to the materials, but I am sure he can handle it!

5. tracykaliski

tracykaliski Connoisseur

Jun 23, 2009

I agree with Patty. If he's been in a traditional school environment, it'll take him a while to get used to it. Make sure he's asking questions. It's a real difference to go from being a passive learner in a traditional school to an active participant in everything. The level of responsibility will be much higher for him as well.

Keep us posted on how he's doing!

6. KDS

KDS Companion

Jun 25, 2009

Thank you both very much. We got the final paper work (ie: shot records, copy of birth certificate etc) in yesterday.

The thing he is looking forward to the most is the black rabbit the roams around the classroom/area. :p

as i come up with questions over the summer, i will post them. Thank you everyone!!!!