TaskStream

Discussion in 'General Education' started by deserttrumpet, Aug 13, 2007.

1. deserttrumpet

deserttrumpet Comrade

Aug 13, 2007

I have just discovered that one of my education classes is requiring me to subscribe to TaskStream.com :huh:
    I have never heard of this site
    I am surprised at this requirement and am curious. Has anyone ever used taskstream? Is it good? Has anyone had to use it for a class (especially a one credit hour class?)

3. uclalum

uclalum Groupie

Aug 13, 2007

I used Taskstream in my credential program. Gosh, that was so long ago. I can't really say too much about it because I don't have any other website to compare it to. All I remember is that the format that Taskstream used for writing lesson plans was REALLYLONG.:down:
    I do remember that it was really easy to navigate within the site.

4. Elm512

Elm512 Companion

Aug 14, 2007

I have to use Taskstream too. It's not too bad. Just upgraded and is a whole lot easier to use. Taskstream is pretty common I think, a friend of mine from UMiss used it off and on throughout her program as well.

5. USMCTCHR

USMCTCHR Companion

Aug 14, 2007

I had to subscribe for my education work and have been using it for the past two years. I will also be using it for my graduate work.

The lesson plan format is a little long, but it covers everything you "should" be covering in a lesson which is very helpful for beginners. Also, it has a WONDERFUL rubric builder and the portfolio I had to make on it was very nice.

It is actually a great way to keep all of your lessons organized and a quick way to add standards, etc. (Just a click of a button!)

I was upset when they told me I HAD to subscribe, but I've found it to be quite useful. (Oh, but besides when I was required to do it for internship, I never use it in the actual classroom) I still think it helped me plan lessons the right way. Good luck! :)

6. deserttrumpet

deserttrumpet Comrade

Aug 14, 2007

Thanks! I too am a bit upset at having to subscribe. But, I am willing to be optimistic about it being a good tool. We will see.