TARGET Dollar Sale!!!

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by teachersk, Jul 20, 2007.

1. teachersk

teachersk Connoisseur

Jul 20, 2007

I just got back from Target. They are having the annual back to school sale in the "Dollar Spot" part of the store. They have K-2 workbooks, teacher grade books, teacher job charts (you know the kind where you write a kid's name on the card and it slips in the job pocket), reward stickers, foil stars, incentive charts, pencils, flash cards (and lots of them!), board book with the united states flap ups for the capitals, united states puzzle, science projects/experiments workbook (gr 2), the namecards for their desks, lesson plan books, "its my birthday" ribbon sized stickers, "star student" huge stickers, reward certificates..... ALL FOR A DOLLAR. It was great. I bought about $30 worth of stuff and I am stocked up!

3. Ms.Jasztal

Ms.Jasztal Maven

Jul 20, 2007

Did they just start this sale? FL seems to be behind- all three of the Target stores within driving distance of my house didn't have anything a week ago.

4. Scout About

Scout About Rookie

Jul 20, 2007

I went to four different Targets today to find what I was looking for! I got 29 book bins, 5 US map placemats with the dry erase surface, as well as 5 cursive placemats with the dry erase surface. I also got pocket charts in 5 different colors. Yay!

5. Miss Bradley

Miss Bradley Companion

Jul 20, 2007

Yes I went to my Target yesterday and spent $27 on the "dollar" teacher stuff!! They have so much great stuff! I can't wait to go back and get more (I'm a first year teacher so I need as much stuff as I can get! :D )

6. teachersk

teachersk Connoisseur

Jul 20, 2007

Dang, I didn't see pocket charts at my Target!!! I will have to check out another one!

7. Teaching Grace

Teaching Grace Connoisseur

Jul 20, 2007

i went and looked at this today. honestly, the only thing that i found that I actually needed or wanted were two packs of these really cute name tag stickers (36 ct for each pkg) in different designs. other than that, i didn't really see anything that excited me too much. i went to their actual schools section too and walmart has much better deals.

8. Teaching Grace

Teaching Grace Connoisseur

Jul 20, 2007

teachersk, i saw the pocket charts they were in the school section on one of the isles

9. swansong1

swansong1 Virtuoso

Jul 20, 2007

The Targets in my part of Florida don't have anything out.

10. Eliza

Eliza Companion

Jul 20, 2007

I had a hard time finding the pocket charts too but I made my husband stop at a Target today coming back from Houston. All their pocket charts were gone except for one that had been opened and one that I found stuck way behind some other things. I was so excited!! My husband just rolled his eyes:rolleyes:

I only got yellow and blue. What other colors are there?

11. Scout About

Scout About Rookie

Jul 20, 2007

Let's see... I got blue, yellow, black, green and red. I'm certain I will use one for weekly words, but not sure what I'll use the others for. I'll figure something out - I'm not worried!:)

ETA: They also had pink, but I didn't buy that one!

Last edited: Jul 20, 2007
  12. Ms.Jasztal

Ms.Jasztal Maven

Jul 20, 2007

Which ones? :) I'm in the Tampa area, generally.

I've been to the one on 54 in the past week- they didn't have ANYTHING yet! Maybe something changed?

I guess I'll make this the last trip of the summer for me. I need the book bins and other items.

Maybe when I leave town on Tuesday, a few Targets I know I'll pass will have some good items, too.

13. Ms.Jasztal

Ms.Jasztal Maven

Jul 20, 2007

Which part are you in? I'm seeing if you're talking about any similar stores I referred to. I'm in the north Tampa Bay area and searched in Hernando, Pasco, and northern Hillsborough County.

I think I'll check again soon in my own county... I do have one five minutes from my house.

Are you all finding these items in regular Target or Super Target? Or both? :)

14. snickydog

snickydog Groupie

Jul 20, 2007

Your Target had book bins in the dollar section??? Man, I wish ours did!!! Has anyone else seen book bins in their Target?

15. Scout About

Scout About Rookie

Jul 20, 2007

Mrs. J, I am also in the Tampa/St. Pete area. The one in Pinellas Park had the pocket charts (they had a ton of them) and some other good teacher stuff, and the one on Dale Mabry had a bunch of book bins (I bought most of them!), several desk caddies and the write-on placemats. On the other hand, the one on Gandy in Tampa had NOTHING. They still had their 50% off summer stuff and a lot of empty spaces. However, I did notice lots of stockpeople opening up lots of boxes today, so hopefully, more items will be coming soon. Good luck!

16. teachall

teachall Rookie

Jul 20, 2007

1 of the Targets in my area had book bins. Only a few. I'm hoping to find some at one of the other stores in the area.:)

17. Eliza

Eliza Companion

Jul 20, 2007

I'm sorry but what kind of book bins are ya'll talking about? baskets? plastic? wire? I'm not sure I understand:eek:

18. Scout About

Scout About Rookie

Jul 20, 2007

The book bins at Target are plastic containers that would be able to hold an individual child's independent reading books, sticky notes, pencils, reading journal, and posssibly even a reader's notebook. They are similar to magazine holders - about 4 inches wide and shorter in front than the back and sides. You can see examples in Guiding Readers and Writers, Daily 5, and on Beth Newingham's website. At $1 each, it is a great bargain - I was completely thrilled to have found enough for my class plus some!

19. Eliza

Eliza Companion

Jul 20, 2007

Thank You, Scout About! I understand now. :) I thought it was something like that but I haven't seen these at any Target around here. I just wanted to make sure that I hadn't overlooked them. Thanks for the info. Now I have to keep checking Targets to look for these!! My husband is going to LOVE that!;)

20. azteacher3

azteacher3 Companion

Jul 20, 2007

If you want the book bins and desk caddies you probably have to get there the day they put them out. When I heard about there dollar selection on here I went and checked Sat,Sun,Mon, and Tues. I got there Tuesday morning and they had just put everything out. I got 5 bins and 12 caddies and a bunch of other stuff. I went back with my husband that night to pick up something else and all of the bins and caddies were gone! You have to be fast! I'd heard they have to have the teacher stuff on display by the 22nd.
    Look on the empty shelves and see if you can find the tag for storage bins or storage caddies. Then ask customer service if they have any left in the back.

21. swansong1

swansong1 Virtuoso

Jul 21, 2007

I'm in the panhandle area and I guess our Target is jst behind the times.

22. loves2teach

loves2teach Enthusiast

Jul 21, 2007

I went the day they put the stuff out (about 1 hr after they put the stuff out), and the spots for the book bins & stuff like that were empty.

Have a feeling that some teacher workers at the store bought them out.

23. fla_teacher

fla_teacher New Member

Jul 21, 2007

Florida panhandle

I'm in the panhandle as well and there is nothing. I was at my Target Thurs. and the bins were all empty. I called yesterday and was told nothing had been put out yet. I'll try again this afternoon.

24. teal

teal Rookie

Jul 21, 2007

FL east coast has a lot........I posted Thursday night that I had gotten several pocket charts and books. Port Orange was loaded with items. They had another dollar spot just for back to school items. They even had some really cool bins.

25. SaraFirst

SaraFirst Cohort

Jul 21, 2007

I finally got my stuff today. I was so excited about the pocket charts! I got five, my store didn't have pink. I got one of each of the other colors. I also got a notepad, some nametags and stamps. They only had 3 bookbin/magazine holders, so I didn't get those.

26. MelissainGA

MelissainGA Groupie

Jul 21, 2007

Does anyone have the # off the pocket charts? The girl @ my Target said if I got the # that she would be able to check and see if they were supposed to come in since they didn't have them out yet and there wasn't a shelf tag. I have gotten the stickers, placemats, and several other items. I would also like to have the # of the bins if anyone happens to have those.

27. Miss Bradley

Miss Bradley Companion

Jul 21, 2007

I have found everything except the bins and the placemats!! It's driving me crazy because I went by there today and they still weren't there. Are the placemats & book bins in the "dollar" section at the front of the store??

28. Ms.Jasztal

Ms.Jasztal Maven

Jul 21, 2007

I have found everything now- even in my local area north of Tampa. :)

29. FarFromHome

FarFromHome Connoisseur

Jul 22, 2007

I just went today and spent $50. I got a little carried away, I couldn't stop throwing things in my cart! Lol.

30. blessedmommyx3

blessedmommyx3 Rookie

Jul 22, 2007

I've gone to four Targets and found everything BUT the book bins - bummer!!!

31. armygirl8894

armygirl8894 Rookie

Jul 22, 2007

The item # is 2635, it is called a Card Schedular(1 card schedular and 14 blank cards). I bought it in black. There is also another # at the top of the UPC#. The number is DPCI#234-24-554. The UPC # is 4176902635. I am from South Texas and this is where I bought mine. It is a regular Target store. I hope this helps. They did not have any bins when I went.

32. WonderW05

WonderW05 Comrade

Jul 22, 2007

thanks teachersk I went today and I ended up getting the jobs with the little crayons...really cool, and I also bought the birthday certificates, and pocket charts in every color. I really had to dig for the pocket charts they were hidden under a bunch of stuff...Thanks again!

33. WonderW05

WonderW05 Comrade

Jul 22, 2007

What type of book bins??I didn't see those:( I was a happy camper today, when I found the other stuff....yeah!

34. Starista

Starista Cohort

Jul 22, 2007

I'm in South Florida and plan to go today!

I also noticed yesterday while picking up my Harry Potter that Wal-Mart has really inexpensive colored pencils and crayons which would be good for my literacy centers! :love:

35. MelissainGA

MelissainGA Groupie

Jul 22, 2007

THANK YOU armygirl!!!!! I plan on going over and checking them out today. It's a new "restock day" at our store.

36. blessedmommyx3

blessedmommyx3 Rookie

Jul 22, 2007

Great idea to get the # and have them check the computer - does anyone have the stock # for the book bins?

37. cutNglue

cutNglue Magnifico

Jul 22, 2007

I need the # for the pocket charts for $1. Target doesn't know what I'm talking about when I call.

38. Scout About

Scout About Rookie

Jul 22, 2007

The # for the pocket chart is in armygirl's post. Here are the #s for the book bins:

Above the UPC thing: 234240565
    Below the UPC thing: 5941200175

Hope this helps!

39. MelissainGA

MelissainGA Groupie

Jul 22, 2007

Armygirl and everyone else,

I just got back from Target and FOUND THE POCKET CHARTS!!!!!! They had blue, red, yellow, black, green. They weren't out when I got there but the girl was stocking. I gave her the information that armygirl had posted and she was able to find them with the DPCI#234-24-554 and went to the back to get them. She said that that was the way that they had to look things up. She couldn't look the bins up since I didn't have the # that scout about had posted at that point. From the first #'s I think the top # would be the one that we would need to see about.

40. I want to TEACH

I want to TEACH Companion

Jul 22, 2007

Wal-Mart has pocket charts, magnetic words, and other stuff for pretty cheap too!!

41. Mrs.Gould

Mrs.Gould Comrade

Jul 22, 2007

I FINALLY got the book bins! They were nearly out, so I'll try again this week to get a few more. I still want some more of the plastic paper trays too!