Target deals

Discussion in 'General Education' started by cheeryteacher, Jul 15, 2008.

1. cheeryteacher

cheeryteacher Enthusiast

Jul 15, 2008

Yay! I just found 4 more pocket charts.

Question, do the Targets around you keep replenishing the supply of their most popular $1 items out and how often? I'm trying to figure out a system for buying stuff. I only want 4 more magazine holders and then I'm done-I promise. I've only seen them at one Target (I've been to 4 different ones numerous times). I also bought some caddies last year and wouldn't mind buying some more if I happen to come across them-and then I really would be done! I promise!

3. NewbieTeachr

NewbieTeachr Rookie

Jul 15, 2008

I havent seen any magazine holders since last year! I did pick up some flash cards today: phonics (letters and blends) and landmarks. I got an addition/subtraction bingo game as well. All for $1 each!

4. Pisces_Fish

Pisces_Fish Fanatic

Jul 15, 2008

I have a love-hate relationship with Target's sales. I found a few pocket charts and magazine holders last week, and I was so happy. But when I got to the register I had forgotten my wallet! I had to put it all back. I haven't seen either since :( (I had enough quarters to buy 2 charts LOL)

5. cheeryteacher

cheeryteacher Enthusiast

Jul 15, 2008

I would of begged them to hold the items for me. Those charts sure are stinky. I've read about them on the board, but I never knew how bad they were. All four are airing out on my balcony right now. I bought another one earlier and never took it out of the package. I put it away in a drawer-it's probably fermenting!

6. teach24iam

teach24iam Comrade

Jul 15, 2008

Having worked at Target in the past, for that kind of stuff, they usually get a limit and once it's gone it doesn't get refilled, but replaced. They are limited time items. Some stores put it all out at once, some do it a little at a time, it really depends on the manager, and how they want to set up the store. And each store can also choose different things to offer based on what sold last year or not, so it can be very different.

7. dizzybri14

dizzybri14 Companion

Jul 15, 2008

I wonder why I can't find the pocket charts :( I found them but they were $10

8. teach24iam

teach24iam Comrade

Jul 15, 2008

And yes... Target will hold items for up to 24 hours, as long as it is not clearance items, those they will not hold.

9. Proud2BATeacher

Proud2BATeacher Phenom

Jul 15, 2008

What is everyone planning on doing with multiple pocket charts?

10. cheeryteacher

cheeryteacher Enthusiast

Jul 15, 2008

They are called card schedulers in the dollar section.
    Both times I found them it was because I kind of dug around. Both times I almost missed them, but decided to take one last trip through the dollar section.

11. cheeryteacher

cheeryteacher Enthusiast

Jul 15, 2008

Hmm, so next time I go should I ask if they have any in the back, or will they not even check because it's a dollar item.

12. cheeryteacher

cheeryteacher Enthusiast

Jul 15, 2008

And what's up with those grade books that have lesson planner on the cover, and lesson planners that have grade book on the cover. Did they mess up at the printer??

13. teach24iam

teach24iam Comrade

Jul 15, 2008

It can't hurt to ask, because they may very well have them, but it depends, Target only stocks shelves in the overnight hours, so they may have them to come out that night before they open the next day...just be careful when you ask, a lot of time when you ask there, they just pretend to check (on their little handheld devices, and not REALLY check)

14. cheeryteacher

cheeryteacher Enthusiast

Jul 15, 2008

Word wall maybe. That's what I was thinking when I bought so many. I really have no clue, but couldn't pass them up for $1.

15. teach24iam

teach24iam Comrade

Jul 15, 2008

See, I have not seen the planner or books at my Target at all, are they in the dollar section too? I need one, and a cheap one, but haven't found it.. They have them at teh dollar store, but are VERY poor quality and the pages are upside down..lol

16. cheeryteacher

cheeryteacher Enthusiast

Jul 15, 2008

So I should go early. I try to read the descriptions on the tickets to see if they had anything I wanted but are out. I saw caddies on a description at one of the Targets.

Sales people really should not play with my emotions. If they pretend to check and I come back the next day and they are out I will raise a huge stink. I'm talking calling corporate and complaining about how (insert name here) didn't value me as a customer because I was checking on a dollar item and blah, blah, blah. Well, probably not-but I would think about it!

17. cheeryteacher

cheeryteacher Enthusiast

Jul 15, 2008

I saw those at my dollar store last year. They are the exact same books that are at Target. Not worth the time of looking for them. They are in the dollar section, if you ever want to look for one.

18. teach24iam

teach24iam Comrade

Jul 15, 2008

LOL...and they get you calling about a dollar item, they will probably laugh at you! LOL....what we get excited over as teachers...LOL

19. teach24iam

teach24iam Comrade

Jul 15, 2008

Oh ok..those ones at the dollar store are HORRIBLE....paper sucks, covers are upside down..I'll be at the teacher store for that 1 item!

20. cheeryteacher

cheeryteacher Enthusiast

Jul 15, 2008

You can't find them because people like me go in, get excited, and buy 5 or 6 with no plan on how I will use it.

21. cheeryteacher

cheeryteacher Enthusiast

Jul 15, 2008

They might laugh at me-but what they won't know is that I'll be trying to keep a straight face on my side of the phone too!:lol:

22. teach24iam

teach24iam Comrade

Jul 15, 2008

LOL.......yep...see a great deal..snatch it up and worry about using it later....we all do it...

23. MissFroggy

MissFroggy Aficionado

Jul 15, 2008

I went and spent 38 dollars and got NO pocket charts or book tubs!

I got stamps, fancy hole punchers, ribbon, flash cards, folders, dividers, and lots of other little things.

24. teach24iam

teach24iam Comrade

Jul 15, 2008

How about the dollar section globes? did you get any of those? are they good quality or no? My kindergarteners break them up?

25. cheeryteacher

cheeryteacher Enthusiast

Jul 15, 2008

I'm teaching math, so I didn't bother. If I had Social Studies I probably would have bought 15, enough so 2 kids could share 1. I didn't examine them, but I'm sure I'll be at target tomorrow, so I'll check.

26. teach24iam

teach24iam Comrade

Jul 15, 2008

LOL....I was there tongiht and saw them, but didn't have time to chekc them out, had to get to an appointment....I teach Kindergarten, so teach a little of everything, it all helps..and for a dollar for a globe....great!

27. Pencil Monkey

Pencil Monkey Devotee

Jul 15, 2008

by the time i got to my target all the good stuff was gone. I did get some of those dry erase mat things though. I thought they might be good for some sort of learning station.

28. Darkhorse

Darkhorse Companion

Jul 15, 2008

I found caddies and tubs at Target at the beginning of the month, but haven't seen any since then. I went in today and they had the magazine holders and I bought 10 of them...thinking about going back for more tomorrow, though. I love the teacher stuff at the dollar section!

29. Teacher Chele

Teacher Chele Habitué

Jul 15, 2008

What if you printed pages from the internet and put them in a binder? Just a thought.

30. teach24iam

teach24iam Comrade

Jul 15, 2008

Do you have a link to a site that has them? I've been looking but unable to find anything...would love to do that, doesn't cost me anything then..

31. Pisces_Fish

Pisces_Fish Fanatic

Jul 15, 2008

I made mine on Word. One page per day, printed double sided.

32. teach24iam

teach24iam Comrade

Jul 15, 2008

hmmm....wish I was a little more computer savvy..anyone have a link that has this?

33. loves2teach

loves2teach Enthusiast

Jul 15, 2008

I went into word and made text boxes (a choice at the top). Make however many columns , and however many rows you want. I love it because you can tailor it to your needs :)

34. cheeryteacher

cheeryteacher Enthusiast

Jul 16, 2008

I make mine in excel.

35. Hamster

Hamster Comrade

Jul 16, 2008

This is my first year making my own pages in a binder. I think I'm going to like this. I made mine on Print Artist.

36. pwhatley

pwhatley Maven

Jul 16, 2008

I haven't made an entire binder, but I have made an MS Word Template of the LP form I had to use in school (Madeline Hunter), and the one I used as a 3rd grade Student Teacher (it's the same as the ones used by "real" teachers). Here, let me post them.... Okay, you can download them from http://pwhatley.wordpress.com. Take what you need - just leave a quarter on the table!

37. shabby_chickie

shabby_chickie Rookie

Jul 16, 2008

38. DreamToTeach

DreamToTeach Companion

Jul 16, 2008

Oh, I'm so mad. When I was at Target last time, I had a bunch of the little globes in my basket but my husband was with me and he made me put them back. So today I went there to get the globes without him :whistle: and they only had two left. And they had a ton the other day! GRRRR. I wanted to take them off the little stands and hang them from the ceiling. ~ stomping foot ~