Target-Back to School?

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by dgpiaffeteach, Jul 17, 2014.

1. dgpiaffeteach

dgpiaffeteach Aficionado

Jul 17, 2014

Anyone else's Target have back to school stuff out yet? Mine has its whole display out and ready. We go back in 33 days. I will keep my eye out for any good deals but won't do any major shopping until a couple weeks out. I don't need much either this year. I have a lot left over from last year.

3. Go Blue!

Go Blue! Connoisseur

Jul 17, 2014

Yes to Target. Walmart also.

I check the Weekly Ads for both during the summer to make sure I don't miss any good deals for class supplies.

4. giraffe326

giraffe326 Virtuoso

Jul 17, 2014

I've been checking ads, but nothing has gotten me to buy yet.

I'm not sure what Staples is going to do. They have the less guarantee or something. Maybe no penny items?

5. LMichele

LMichele Cohort

Jul 17, 2014

My Target has their selection out, but the deals weren't great. I had a gift card to use from a student so I picked up a bunch of colored pens & dry erase markers with it.

I've been shopping Staples but only buying what is on sale. I bought two class sets of folders for 15 cents each and a class set of spiral notebooks for 17 cents each, only because I realized after I had sent home the supply lists that I didn't put enough of what I wanted on there. They were cheap enough to buy with the money that my school gives me for supplies.

When I was buying the notebooks the cashier told me that they were going to be a penny in 2 weeks, which would be this wee. They are still listed as 17 cents and being advertised, I believe, as the lowest prices of the season. I'm glad I bought them when I did instead of waiting for the penny sale she promised.

6. giraffe326

giraffe326 Virtuoso

Jul 17, 2014

I do need to figure out what the supply lists are. I guess I need to see if I can track down my new teammate's email address!!

7. Ima Teacher

Ima Teacher Maven

Jul 17, 2014

I start on July 28th. I'm still in denial.

I need loose leaf paper, and I have seen it at a good sale price yet.

I'm 50 miles from a Target and 20 miles from Walmart, so I need a really good sale.

8. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Jul 17, 2014

I went to Target one day last week, but didn't walk to that section of the store. I'm sure the school supplies have probably been up for a while.

9. LMichele

LMichele Cohort

Jul 18, 2014

Could it be on the school website? I know we're asked to submit ours so they can be posted there.

10. giraffe326

giraffe326 Virtuoso

Jul 18, 2014

They redid the website this summer and all email addresses disappeared. :(