Target $1.00 teacher items!!

Discussion in 'Elementary Education Archives' started by teacherbell, Jul 16, 2006.

1. teacherbell

teacherbell Cohort

Jul 16, 2006

Yesterday I went to Target and I was so excited to find a bunch of teacher things in their dollar bins. Things that I saw:

Month headers for calendars
    Numbered Day cards for calendars with special holiday cards
    Weather chart that you turn an arrow to tell what the weather is like
    Fancy teacher pens
    Stickers
    Green and red apple scented stamp pads
    Stamps
    Incentive charts
    Incentive certificates
    Teacher Post Its
    Note Paper
    Wooden Pencil Holder

I am going back to pick up a few more things. I just wanted to pass along the good news.

3. born2teach84

born2teach84 Comrade

Jul 16, 2006

where in the store was this located? Meaning did you find these things in the "One Stop" place right when you walk in or did you find them in the kid section?

4. teacherbell

teacherbell Cohort

Jul 16, 2006

They were in the dollar spot at the front of the store.

5. SaraFirst

SaraFirst Cohort

Jul 16, 2006

Great, I was just saying that I wanted to go to Target. I love the Dollar Spot!!!

6. clarnet73

clarnet73 Moderator

Jul 16, 2006

Woohoo! I have gotten so much good stuff for my classroom this past year on Target's Dollar Rack. And...even better... a targetgift card was our end-of-the-year gift from our parents. :)

7. norogo

norogo Rookie

Jul 16, 2006

oh nice! Thanks for the tip

8. Upsadaisy

Upsadaisy Moderator

Jul 16, 2006

The other day I only saw golf stuff in the Dollar Spot. I'll check again. Thanks.

9. Steph-ernie

Steph-ernie Groupie

Jul 16, 2006

I love the dollar spot at Target. At the end of the year, we have an auction with our fourth grade classes at my school, and I frequently pick up goodies for it at Target's dollar spot. Just last week I found some fun sidewalk chalks. I think they were in the shapes of balls - baseball, basketball, etc. It was a pack of four.

10. norogo

norogo Rookie

Jul 17, 2006

also in the Sunday paper yesterday the Target flyer had a bunch of school supplies on sale for under 1 dollar.

11. lteach2

lteach2 Cohort

Jul 17, 2006

My mom is out in California right now and she called me and told me that there was even stuff marked down to 10 cents in this section. She also said there were these cute baskets that look like bike baskets. They could probably be useful for something!

12. runsw/scissors

runsw/scissors Phenom

Jul 17, 2006

:( My Target doesn't have this stuff out yet. I found a few $1 items in the back-to-school section, but not what I really wanted (the fancy teacher pens). The Dollar Spot still had flip-flops and bicycle lisence plates.

13. teacherbell

teacherbell Cohort

Jul 17, 2006

runsw/scissors,

Hopefully they will have it out soon. I know at mine the teacher stuff had been stocked on one side and on the other side they had marked down things like flip flops and other summer items.

14. Miss W

Miss W Phenom

Jul 17, 2006

Ours doesn't have them yet. I plan on going to Tulsa (about 1 1/2 from here) the first of August to the Super Target. Maybe they'll have some.

15. amelie77

amelie77 Rookie

Jul 17, 2006

My target had tons of this stuff. Getting a calender for $1 is a great deal, especially if you are on a budget. Too bad I have one! I picked did pick up a few items. I originally picked up the stamp pads there, but found larger ones back in the school supply area for the same price, along with some kid stamps for $1 that I will use in my publishing center.

16. clarnet73

clarnet73 Moderator

Jul 17, 2006

I spent way too much on the dollar rack there today. Especially since I don't know what I'm teaching yet. *sigh* I have GOT to stop spending money!!!

17. SaraFirst

SaraFirst Cohort

Jul 17, 2006

Wow! I went this morning. I got some of the calendar stuff and a classroom schedule pocket chart. I love finding things for a $1! I'm only upset that I have paid more for similar things in the past. I also got some sharpies, highlighters, markers and crayons.

18. teacherece

teacherece Cohort

Jul 17, 2006

Mine started adding things today. I went at 9:00 and it was bare. When I went back at 4:00 today, some of the goodies were there but not as much as originally posted here. I'm going to keep checking daily.

19. Upsadaisy

Upsadaisy Moderator

Jul 17, 2006

Target had a pocket chart for $1?

20. shasha379

shasha379 Devotee

Jul 17, 2006

Yes. It was a schedule pocket chart. They also had grade record books(in case you want back up for the computer) sub folders, maps, and flash cards. I'm not a Target shopper, but I really enjoyed myself today.

21. Trice2006

Trice2006 Rookie

Jul 17, 2006

Thanks for posting about Target Teacherbell because I went today and stocked up on a lot of the items.

22. paperheart

paperheart Groupie

Jul 17, 2006

I didn't see the pocket chart. What are the dimensions?

23. mrsnoble116

mrsnoble116 Companion

Jul 17, 2006

paperheart, the pocket chart is little. I'd say it's a foot wide, but I don' tknow how long. It's just for little index card things for the daily schedule.

I went today and stocked up. I got US maps for S.S. center, the "take a number" teacher is busy (clutter, knick/knack), calendar stuff. I was actually amazed there was so much.

24. Mrs_Barrett

Mrs_Barrett Cohort

Jul 17, 2006

Well I hope my Target has their stuff up, because I'm going there tomorrow. When I went there on Friday, they still had the summer stuff (but it was all for $.25).

25. mrs_u

mrs_u Rookie

Jul 18, 2006

Dollar Tree also has tons of teacher stuff (for $1 of course):
    *bulletin board trim (many to choose from) 21feet
    *4" die cut letters for bulletin boards (different colors, patterns)
    *alphabet borders in cursive and print (the kind you hang above your chalkboard)
    *educational posters that come 2 IN A PACK!!! (parts of speech, birthday posters, punctuation, long vowels, short vowels, incentive posters {to keep attendance or homework} many more i cant remember right now
    *computer paper with school related images
    *welcome back postcards (30 in a pack!)
    *flash cards
    so many other things i cant remember...now i feel like going shopping again!!!!!!

26. runsw/scissors

runsw/scissors Phenom

Jul 18, 2006

They had stuff in last night! Yea! I got some puffy stickers for prizes, a wooden "Teacher is busy" apple, to-do note pad, green stamp pad, Tootsie Roll pens (prizes), but I held off on the sticky notes. I wasn't too wild about the fancy teacher pens though.

27. breneem

breneem Rookie

Jul 18, 2006

I found bathroom passes, boys & girls. The hard plastic type, so I bought 6! I usually pay $3-4 each for my suzy zoo ones, I needed a new boy one anyway! Thanks!

28. runsw/scissors

runsw/scissors Phenom

Jul 18, 2006

I saw record books and plan books too, but I didn't look through them.

29. bowler

bowler Rookie

Jul 18, 2006

I bought the substitute teacher folders. I am hoping because they are specific, I won't lose them or use them for other things!

30. NCP

NCP Comrade

Jul 18, 2006

The schedule pocket chart is 12 or 14 pockets long. It is also made of a flannel like material and didn't have clear vinyl pockets on it. The pockets looked shallow so only about a 1/2 inch was in the pocket.

31. wdwteach

wdwteach Cohort

Jul 18, 2006

My Target had tons of stuff too. They had everything I have read here so far. I got the pocket charts, post its, magnetic numbers, teacher to-do list, math bingo, stamps and stamp pad and probably some other things. Thanks for the tip. I had fun. There were already other teachers there and they were on the phone to their friends too!

32. Jenlovestoteach

Jenlovestoteach Comrade

Jul 19, 2006

Does anyone know if the Targets in NY got this stuff in yet??? I'm so excited just reading these, but see that you all are from far away :(

33. Rosieo

Rosieo Enthusiast

Jul 19, 2006

I bought some $1.00 teacher stuff from Target today but I didn't see any pocket charts there. I also ran into some other teachers there today, looks like we all have the same ideas!

34. djmondi

djmondi Comrade

Jul 19, 2006

I'm in NY right now and we have a Target that just opened yesterday. The Target here at least has the calendar and months for $1. I haven't been yet, but my parents got me that stuff last night:)

35. 5thgraderocks

5thgraderocks Companion

Jul 19, 2006

I'm so bummed. Our target store had plastic water bottles, squirt guns, lotion and just basic junk. I talked to the store manager about all the goodies talked about here. He said Target doesn't even carry these things. They don't have teacher supplies but he pointed out the home activity book section. They had some basic flash cards and school supplies. He must be a newbie ... or maybe each store carries different supplies.

36. Miss W

Miss W Phenom

Jul 20, 2006

I was told by a friend last night that she saw the dollar stuff at Wal-Mart. She was so excited that she bought me some stuff. I'll have to try and get over there on Saturday.

37. chicagoturtle

chicagoturtle Fanatic

Jul 20, 2006

Is this a Target close (or in) the city? I went to a Target here the otehr day and didn't see any of this stuff in the dollar section--

38. ABall

ABall Fanatic

Jul 20, 2006

I hope the teacher stuff is there when I go on Saturday. Can't wait!

39. djmondi

djmondi Comrade

Jul 20, 2006

I bought two of the record books. They are really nice and even have the perforated part so you don't have to rewrite the names for each subject. I wasn't as thrilled with the plan books. They just have like 6 blank lines that go across the page for each day. I'm used to little boxes for each part of the day:)

40. rlb39702

rlb39702 Rookie

Jul 20, 2006

Target

Thanks to all who spread the word about Target. I went today and found a lot of "wonderful" items--the class schedule is nice! If you don't go, you are missing out on some cheap but useful items!

41. paperheart

paperheart Groupie

Jul 20, 2006

lol He is probably stocking the shelves thinking of you right now! ;)