Tap n' glue caps - anyone used them?

Discussion in 'Kindergarten' started by azteacher3, Dec 3, 2010.

1. azteacher3

azteacher3 Companion

Dec 3, 2010

3. clarnet73

clarnet73 Moderator

Dec 6, 2010

I have some... they work pretty well for my kids who lack the muscle control to squeeze (I teach preschool special ed) and helps them work on just using a DOT of glue... but it isn't always good for projects that require anything more than a dot.

I also like to use the TINY glue bottles, and these don't fit on them. The regular size school glue bottles work just fine with them, though :)

4. EDUK8_ME

EDUK8_ME Cohort

Dec 6, 2010

I have them and they work well for certain projects that don't require a lot of glue. However, the caps do not fit my glue bottles very well.

5. GoehringTeaches

GoehringTeaches Comrade

Dec 7, 2010

I use them every year in Kindergarten, and I love them. They do have their own quirks, however. The students get used to the tap and glue and then decide to tap and glue with every glue bottle they ever see! Also, they can get stuck on the bottles and you have to use pliers to get them off. Lastly, they get glued shut and quit working fairly often. Overall though, I'd rather take a few minutes to fix a bottle than to fix a whole pile of glue that a child used on their paper.

6. tcherjen

tcherjen Comrade

Dec 20, 2010

Another teacher gave me this idea. Take your glue and pour them into the small baby bottles with silicone nipples. The glue comes out in little squirts and no mess or glue that hardens. :)

7. tracykaliski

tracykaliski Connoisseur

Dec 20, 2010

I have tried them and don't like them. They don't always work consistently and the kids get frustrated.

I have taken glue and put it in a bottle with a brush (think like a nail polish bottle). I think I bought the bottles at Discount School Supply. The kids love them, they work like a charm, and the only time it gets really really messy is when someone accidentally tips over the bottle for the brush. It doesn't happen very often.