Taking the FACS Praxis 5122 next month...HELP!

Discussion in 'Single Subject Tests' started by JessieWA, Nov 12, 2019.

1. JessieWA

JessieWA New Member

Nov 12, 2019

Hi!

I am a special education teacher that has decided to add on the endorsement of FACS. I am hoping to make the switch next school year if there is an opening and if I can pass the FACS exam next month. Has anyone taken it recently? I need help! Every practice test I see is different than the last so I am having difficulty trying to figure out what I need to study the most. Any help is greatly appreciated!! Thank you!!!!

3. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

Nov 12, 2019

Practice tests differ in part because actual tests differ: in every subject area, no one test is anywhere near long enough to cover all the content that can be tested, so version A of the test focuses on some aspects of the content that version B doesn't. You might find it helpful to look up your state department of education's content standards in FACS, and any other documents on the state DOE website that discuss why FACS is to be taught the way it is to be taught and what we expect students who take FACS to know and be able to do.

4. Liz Honore

Liz Honore Rookie

Nov 14, 2019

Hi Jessie, I took the test in June 2019 and passed on the first try. I had no prior knowledge of FACS except for things that you grow up knowing about Family and Consumer Science from living in the. I found the combination of buying the ETS Praxis Test (there's only one, so no variety) and then buying the 5 practice test pack from Exam Edge really helped. They helped me do well enough but not Super fantastic... I needed 159 and got 166. There are questions about sewing and architectural styles that I didn't focus on but my goal was to pass. Part of the problem of this test is that it focuses on a lot of aspects in FACS that are no longer taught, like sewing stuff and types of stitches! I decide to cut my losses; learn the other parts really well, while just casually going over the other stuff. I'm happy to answer any other questions because using this site really helped me when I was preparing to take the test.

5. JessieWA

JessieWA New Member

Dec 2, 2019

Thanks so much! My test is tomorrow!

6. JessieWA

JessieWA New Member

Dec 2, 2019

Great ideas!! Thanks so much!!