TA Tasks

Discussion in 'Secondary Education' started by vivalavida, Jan 6, 2015.

1. vivalavida

vivalavida Companion

Jan 6, 2015

I'm in my first year and finally got a TA! Yippee! He is very helpful for tasks such as checking off assignments for completion. Other than that, however, I'm not sure what else he can do to help me out. I wanted a TA for so long, and now find myself trying to find something, anything, that he can do to help me. I feel like I do SO much work, yet many of them have to be done by me! Suggestions for TA tasks?

3. Linguist92021

Linguist92021 Phenom

Jan 6, 2015

Make copies. Record attendance, record grades. Filing. Work with individual students if needed.

4. Caesar753

Caesar753 Multitudinous

Jan 7, 2015

Is this a student or adult?

5. Koriemo

Koriemo Comrade

Jan 7, 2015

Mine makes all my copies, decorates my bulletin board, cleans my white board, sweeps, wipes down desks, organizes things, and does other random administrative tasks. Mostly, she makes copies.

She is a student.

6. mathmagic

mathmagic Enthusiast

Jan 7, 2015

Clean off the overhead projector rolls...wait...that was a decade ago :) Oh, memories of being a TA. All of my thoughts have been covered by previous comments. While I remember grading both assignments and tests and recording them, too, be careful to follow any school policies regarding students seeing other students' grades.

7. vivalavida

vivalavida Companion

Jan 8, 2015

This is a student.. Who doesn't feel comfortable enough with the subject (foreign language) to correct basic assignments in the language. Therefore, I have only give him assignments to check for completion. He also can't input grades into the online system as per school policy (privacy of other students).

8. Ms.Holyoke

Ms.Holyoke Connoisseur

Jan 8, 2015

I'm currently helping out in a classroom for a field experience. I've been making copies for my mentor teacher. Also, during class, when she asks a question, I help her by going around and checking/helping students as the work on the assigned problems. This happens every 5 or so minutes so I feel like I have something to do. :)

9. TamiJ

TamiJ Virtuoso

Jan 8, 2015

I also have mine put checked work going home in my students´ Friday folders. That´s a great help! She is also a HS student. I have another, adult TA who is more hands-on with the kids.