T-TESS?!? Any Texas teachers out there?

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by Birdie86, Sep 12, 2016.

1. Birdie86

Birdie86 Rookie

Sep 12, 2016

What do you all this of this new T-TESS teacher eval system? My campus just had a 4 day training on it last week and it was not only brutal but I am so worried about it! Proficient as the new Exceeds?? And does that mean Still Developing is the new Proficient...? And these goals! I think it's great to be setting goals for yourself but dang this is not easy. I teach K and it's so hard coming up with goals the way they want them written and to be measurable with evidence shown for student improvement. I've thought about and made a list of how I can improve, but I feel like these are not what they're looking for. Maybe this is because all the sample goals I've read have been for older students! What do you guys think about T-TESS and are there any primary grade level teachers reading this that don't mind sharing their goals to see an example?

3. 4815162342

4815162342 Companion

Sep 13, 2016

I don't think my district uses this.
    I've never heard of it. We use "framework for teaching".

4. txmomteacher2

txmomteacher2 Enthusiast

Sep 13, 2016

I haven't set my goals yet but I helped my daughter with hers last week. She had to have two goals for students. She teaches only 3rd grade science. She made her goals of 80% of kids passing at 70 for the year. and i don't remember what the other one is. Then she had to have a PD plan. That was easy go to more PD. This probably doesn't help but maybe it will.

5. teacherintexas

teacherintexas Maven

Sep 13, 2016

We didn't have to do a PD plan. I wonder if that's next!

6. TeachCafe

TeachCafe Comrade

Sep 13, 2016

Yes! They gave us the packet in our mailboxes yesterday and we have to have our goals in by next week.

I haven't looked at it yet. That training during our PD week was ridiculous. All I remember was that ridiculously long observation video with that Stepford blonde with a super long lesson and her giving the "cheeseburger cheeseburger" code for them to start moving around the room.

We ere all zoned out after about 15 minutes.