Survived Day One

Discussion in 'General Education' started by Ima Teacher, Jul 30, 2013.

1. Ima Teacher

Ima Teacher Virtuoso

Jul 30, 2013

Well, I survived the first day back. The worse part was staying awake since I'm notorious for being WAY off my schedule in summer. We broke for lunch almost two hours before I'd even have been out of bed that time most of the summer. :whistle:

My classroom is ready. My curriculum is ready. The kids come Thursday evening for open house, and school starts for kids on Tuesday.

3. HistTchr

HistTchr Habitué

Jul 30, 2013

Staying awake on the first day back is always difficult--especially depending on who is presenting (if you have PD right now)! I have to get on a better sleeping schedule ASAP, since I have been going to sleep much later than I ever do during the school year.

4. Ima Teacher

Ima Teacher Virtuoso

Jul 30, 2013

I intentionally scheduled morning appointments every day last week so I would have to get out of bed at a more decent time. Still, I wasn't waking up before 8 or 9 on those days.

Today I was up at 7:00, and starting next week it will be 6:00. Ugh. I'm not a morning person.

5. HistTchr

HistTchr Habitué

Jul 30, 2013

Same here, which is why I need to set two alarm clocks throughout the school year! :yawn:

6. JustMe

JustMe Virtuoso

Jul 30, 2013

I feel you. I've been going to bed about the time the birds start chirping in the morning. I always do this so I know I'll adjust, but...I don't want to!

7. FarFromHome

FarFromHome Connoisseur

Jul 30, 2013

Same for me as well! I hated getting up early today. My summer went by way too fast!!

8. pwhatley

pwhatley Maven

Jul 30, 2013

Congrats on making through your first day!

9. Crono91

Crono91 Rookie

Jul 31, 2013

Oh wow. And here I was under the impression that all teachers were amazing morning people. I'm in college right now, and I'm not a morning person haha! That part worries me. I can go to bed at 8 and wake up at 6, and I'm still not happy.

Now I know I'm not alone. I guess apples, bananas, and coffee will be my future.

10. txmomteacher2

txmomteacher2 Enthusiast

Jul 31, 2013

I am so not a morning person!!!!! I purposely took early morning classes so that I would get used to being up, awake and functioning.

11. Bella2010

Bella2010 Habitué

Jul 31, 2013

That first week is going to kill me. We transitioned our DS to a big boy bed at the beginning of the summer. Somebody has to lay down with him at the beginning of his nap so that he'll stay still long enough to go to sleep, lol. On more occasions than I care to admit, I've fallen asleep with him and woke up about 30 minutes later. It's going to be harder than usual to stay awake during those PD days.

Beth

12. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Jul 31, 2013

Ima~glad you survived the first day!!

I am NOT a morning person at all!! Coffee and I are best friends during the school year. My new job starts tomorrow. I have to get up at 6. :(

13. elleveeaych

elleveeaych Rookie

Jul 31, 2013

I moved over the summer and my commute to work is now a solid hour-without traffic. Luckily I'm not in a high traffic area but when you combine the drive with my pup's walk it puts me at a 5 a.m. wake up just to get to school on time! Fortunately, I love where I moved and I think it'll be worth it. My Bf teaches in a year round school and is already back so I've been trying to get up at the same time so I'm not so cranky when it's time to go back!

14. TamiJ

TamiJ Virtuoso

Jul 31, 2013

I find that I can easily transition back into my schedule when it´s time. Having said that, I still don´t look forward to getting up at 5 am.