Survey: For previous LTSs or for those who have used them....

Discussion in 'General Education' started by McKennaL, Oct 16, 2009.

1. McKennaL

McKennaL Groupie

Oct 16, 2009

For LTSs:

How often did you keep in touch with the person you were subbing for?

How much were THEY involved with what was happening in the class they left?

For Teachers who have used LTSs in the past:

How often would you have appreciated your LTS report what is happening/progressing in your class?

How did it go? And what advice would you give an LTS just about to start an assignment? (What were your success and horror stories?)

3. Mrs. R.

Mrs. R. Connoisseur

Oct 16, 2009

When I took a quarter-long leave, I had a nutty principal and was NOT ALLOWED to communicate in any way with my sub. This was extremely difficult, as this was first quarter, so the class was learning routines and expectations.
    Needless to say, it was a total MESS when I returned. I hate to even think about it!

4. nklauste

nklauste Comrade

Oct 16, 2009

I was a long-term sub the end of last school year. I kept in contact with the teacher about once a week. She had left me with the plan for the rest of the chapter that they had started and which sections still needed to be covered.

(Just to note: I was subbing the entire last month of the year, so basically the teachers duties were done when I took over)

5. monsieurteacher

monsieurteacher Aficionado

Oct 16, 2009

My first LTS was in Resource from November to the end of the year. I knew the teacher previously, so while I didn't really communicate with her about the job, I was in regular contact anyway.

Right now I'm in an LTS that started at the beginning of the year and finishes at Christmas. I don't know the person I'm subbing for and have never met her.