Survey for my class - very short notice, need help!

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by TwissaSped, Nov 11, 2009.

1. TwissaSped

TwissaSped Rookie

Nov 11, 2009

Hello everyone,

I thought this assignment was due next week; but, nope, it's due tomorrow by midnight :eek:. Luckily, I do well under pressure. My only issue now is that I need 12 responses to the following survey question in order to move forward. If anyone has a few minutes to reply, it would be greatly appreciated!

Question:
    When considering job satisfaction, which characteristics of your teaching position are most important to you?
    (i.e., salary, love of subject matter, etc.).

Answers can be as broad or as brief as you want!

Thank you in advance for any and all answers.

3. SnoopyTeacher

SnoopyTeacher Companion

Nov 11, 2009

Right now I would have to say that characteristics of my teaching position that are most important to me would be that I work with a pretty good group of people...minus a few!! I work at an alternative program and making sure that people "have your back" is very important.

4. gottagoodgig

gottagoodgig Companion

Nov 11, 2009

Positive, child-centered school. Reliable leadership that has passion and vision. Dedicated, professional educators who truly enjoy learning and growing with children. Positive culture. Realistic and clear expectations. Supportive teaching team. Involved parents. Salary on a schedule so as to know what to expect. Backing of administration and colleagues. Clean, well-supplied classroom. Just to name a few.... And, the good news is....I think my school meets all of these needs. It took a few years and several schools, but I've found a great fit! :)

5. scmom

scmom Enthusiast

Nov 11, 2009

6. Blue

Blue Aficionado

Nov 11, 2009

Adequate pay for the position held.
    Responsible, knowledgeble, support staff.

7. msmullenjr

msmullenjr Devotee

Nov 12, 2009

The most important characteristic of my job would probably be my grade level preference. I love teaching 6th grade for two reasons; I love the age of the students and I enjoy the curriculum.

Students this age are curious, funny, independent, and hard working. I can bring humor into the lessons without the class getting too silly. They are able to come right back into work mode without me having to get mean. I like to bring humor into the classroom to keep their attention and this age group understands sarcasm, but doesn't get offended by it.

I like all of the math lessons, and I feel I teach them well. The stories from the reading series are also something I enjoy and I have come up with a lot of additional information to build better understanding. Ancient Cultures is my favorite part of Social Studies, so that is also a big plus for me.

All of these things keep me positive everyday so that I enjoy going to work regardless of whatever may be going poorly.

8. Lionteacher

Lionteacher Companion

Nov 12, 2009

I want a staff that is very supportive of eachother and that can offer a wealth of information about students and how to help them. I want a principal who supports that teachers and does not micromange. I want parents who place value on education and are supportive of the class assignments.

I personally work at a Catholic school so clearly pay is not important to me.

9. MrsC

MrsC Multitudinous

Nov 12, 2009

While earning a good salary is a nice reward, my greatest satisfaction comes from the relationships I develop with my students and the positive impacts I am able to make. While I have always been able to give the stock, "I love kids" answer, I can honestly say that I truly like spending the day with my students. They all have such unique personalities and senses of humour; they make me laugh every day.

10. Yank7

Yank7 Habitué

Nov 12, 2009

The greatest satisfaction receive is my interaction with the many caring,polite,hard working children I deal with. To see the joy they feel for a job well done is priceless. To see them care about each others feelings and to want to help less fortunate members in their school and community is a joy to behold.
    I also enjoy sharing ideas with the fellow teachers who care about each other and to meet parents who are really interested in their children doing well in school..

11. shouldbeasleep

shouldbeasleep Enthusiast

Nov 12, 2009

1. a supportive administration--help to provide adequate
    resources, strong but sensible discipline policies, deflect parents
    who don't have legitimate complaints, view teachers as equal
    partners

2. teaming with teachers who have passion for what they do and
    who have don't engage in negative communication or personal
    attacks.

12. tgim

tgim Habitué

Nov 12, 2009

To put it like my 3rd graders would: Mrs. C took my answer!! Building relationships, fostering a love of learning (reading and math), and knowing that I am having even a small impact on the lives of children in my community is what it's all about. You go through a lot of teachable and lightbulb moments in the life of a school-year - but the everyday connections are the foundation for allowing the students to experience those breakthroughs.

13. JoviHawk

JoviHawk Rookie

Nov 12, 2009

Positive work environment!