Survey: Biggest "Gravy Train" You've Ever Seen

Discussion in 'General Education' started by tootgravytrain, Aug 20, 2012.

1. tootgravytrain

tootgravytrain Comrade

Aug 20, 2012

While most in education are hard-working people about the right things, let's face it - we've all seen someone on the "gravy train" for whatever reason. What's the biggest one you've ever seen?

I can think of many, but let's DON'T count the many double-dippers.

One of the biggest one I ever seen was our old special ed "teacher" here at the prison. Did absolutely NO inclusion (coming into our classes to assist/observe the guys on her caseload). Did basically two things - One, complain of how "overworked" he/she was while running his/her jaws all day basically about nothing (you know the type, the ones who got to tell you when her daughter had her first period and when his son joined the Cheese Club. Ahhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) and two, daily said "OHHHHH, how I wish I could be back IN the classroom!" You know, THAT line of BS you hear mostly from principals. We had so many opportunities for him/her to BE back in the classroom, but naturally, wouldn't touch it with a 50 foot pole.

Now this person left a few months ago to go to an even BIGGER gravy train at another prison - a reception center where the job is basically letting the home prison where the inmates go know whether the inmate is special ed or not.

THAT, my friends, is perhaps the biggest seat on the Gravy Train Express I'd ever seen.