Surprise Interviews!

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by gutterballjen, Jul 23, 2012.

1. gutterballjen

gutterballjen Comrade

Jul 23, 2012

It's definitely a Lucky Monday! I've gotten 2 interview calls in the past few hours. One of them is in 2 hours, and she wants me to bring a whole pile of stuff with me! Aah! :dizzy:

3. JamieB11

JamieB11 Companion

Jul 23, 2012

Wow.... good luck!!!

4. leighbball

leighbball Virtuoso

Jul 23, 2012

Yay! Good luck! Try to do a bit of research on the school first if you can. Grab your stuff, dress nicely, put on a smile, and wow them!!!

5. MrsC

MrsC Multitudinous

Jul 23, 2012

Good luck!

6. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Jul 23, 2012

Good luck!!! At least you don't have too much time to stress!

7. TeachTN

TeachTN Comrade

Jul 23, 2012

Good luck! If you had any time, at least glance at their website to find some information. Just shine and let them know why you are the best for the position!

8. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Jul 23, 2012

YAY Jen!!!

Be yourself. Remember: they already know you're qualified, that's why they called. Now they want to know that you're the right person.

9. 3littlemonkeys

3littlemonkeys Comrade

Jul 23, 2012

That's awesome!! Good luck!!

10. mopar

mopar Multitudinous

Jul 23, 2012

Good luck!

11. gutterballjen

gutterballjen Comrade

Jul 23, 2012

Thanks everyone! I just got home from the first interview and am not too sure how it went. The principal spent a lot of time looking over my transcript and didn't seem happy that I transferred schools and asked why I dropped a math class back in 2007. She did like that I had student surveys in my portfolio. It was really hard to read her and the third grade team leader. I'll definitely send them a thank you card, but I really don't think I'll get it. For right now, I'm going to focus on acing my interview tomorrow!

12. HOPE-fulTeacher

HOPE-fulTeacher Comrade

Jul 23, 2012

Wow, I don't think anyone glanced at my transcripts, let alone looked at them close enough to inquire about a dropped class 5 years ago!

Out of curiousity...what did you say? And how did the P respond?

13. gutterballjen

gutterballjen Comrade

Jul 23, 2012

I told her I dropped the class because it was a non-traditional math class for non-science and non-business majors (I was a communications major at the time) that made no sense to me. The way the content was being taught was so confusing and I realized I'd be much better off taking college algebra.

She didn't really say anything, but the look on her face let me know that was the wrong answer. To be honest, when she asked me why I dropped Elementary Math Modeling, I had to look at the course number to figure out which class it was.

14. Joy

Joy Cohort

Jul 23, 2012

Wow! That's wonderful to get called for two interviews! It's good that you don't have time to get nervous. I always had at least a good week to worry about it!

Don't worry about having trouble "reading" the interview team. I felt the same way at the interview for my current job. I was shocked that I got it!

15. 3littlemonkeys

3littlemonkeys Comrade

Jul 24, 2012

Yikes--I don't know how in the world I'd answer if anyone asked me about my college experience. I got some low grades in some classes and only took two classes one semester...because I was pregnant and had a baby and then had to juggle working full-time and being a new parent with completing college. But NONE of that is relevant or would even be something they could ask me about...I'd probably wind up stammering, lol, and then asking if they could just please look instead at my more recent grades in my credential program when I got As. I'd die. ;) At least you were able to say something!

Hopefully the rest went well and good luck with the next one!

16. leighbball

leighbball Virtuoso

Jul 24, 2012

It's not like your college courses translate into how good of a teacher you are anyway! That's interesting that the P cared so much about the transcript. I'm sure the rest of it went well.

Good luck today!!