Suprise I found!!

Discussion in 'Preschool' started by brejohnson88, Sep 2, 2010.

1. brejohnson88

brejohnson88 Comrade

Sep 2, 2010

As posted before about my situation dealing with trying to set up a classroom as a first year teacher and having no support, I found some things this week!

I was missing alot of necessary toys. We had no chart paper, no extra large glue bottles, no paint cups, limitied amount of dramatic play toys and minpulatives. I was really worried because I dont have enough toys to rotate in and other.

The janitor and I have become friends since she is the only one to come visit me and takes care of my room. She showed me where all these toys were in a random cabnit next door to one of my rooms. It was like Christmas morning going through and discovering all the new toys I can let the children play with!!!

I had to leave work right on time yesterday to go to the bank, and my aide stayed and cleaned up my room. I came in this morning and found a staff handbook with my name on the cover of it on my desk. HMMM...wonder if this was in my mailbox or if someone brought it over. Would have been nice to get this at a staff orientation or BEFORE school started, but hey atleast I have it now!!

Dont we just all love little suprises like this?! :D

3. tracykaliski

tracykaliski Connoisseur

Sep 2, 2010

That's awesome! I love it when things like that happen. :

4. Beverly

Beverly Comrade

Sep 2, 2010

Yay! It sounds like you're definitely having a better week. I'm glad you got more toys.

5. dogs&teaching

dogs&teaching Comrade

Sep 2, 2010

Awesome!!
    I'm kind of opposite of you. We have an overabudance of toys. There are so many that I don't think I have enough time in the year to rotate them out. I taught here last year with another teacher but she quit and I found all of this stuff.

6. chebrutta

chebrutta Enthusiast

Sep 2, 2010

Yay! I LOVE those kinds of surprises :)

7. zoey'smom

zoey'smom Cohort

Sep 2, 2010

:) That's great! I thought about you this week. I hope it was going better for you. Surprises like that is great.

8. brejohnson88

brejohnson88 Comrade

Sep 2, 2010

Thank you. Its the little things like that, that really cheer me up. I also recieve a email sheet too from the p....FINALLY! and I had two of my therapist tell me I did a great job today...makes me feel good that other people who have been in my classroom thinks its going good.

9. KLSSwimmer

KLSSwimmer Habitué

Sep 3, 2010

I love it when things like this happen! :)

10. vannapk

vannapk Groupie

Sep 4, 2010

Yay! It definitely sounds like Christmas came early to your classroom :thumb: It's great that you made friends with the janitor, the janitor and the school secretary are the two most important people in any school :)