Suprise...$500 to spend for next year!

Discussion in 'Elementary Education Archives' started by akbeck98, Jun 3, 2007.

1. akbeck98

akbeck98 Companion

Jun 3, 2007

By all means I never need help spending $500 to start the school year with my own money, but make it a grant and I struggle and second guess myself!!!

We have had a donation that will allow us to spend $500 by the start of the school year on things that teachers need to buy. The donor wants to ease the burden of the costs that teachers spend each year to start the school year. It was a parent of one of our teachers.

So here I am struggling over where to start or what to buy. We will need to take pictures of our student in action using the things we buy, but if we need name tags buy name tags if we need books buy books. I'm just trying to make meaningful purchases!!

Any ideas? I have a ton, but I guess I am looking for ideas that I may not of thought of!

I forgot..I teach 4th grade!

What would you buy?

3. Emma35

Emma35 Connoisseur

Jun 3, 2007

Books, books, and more books

a digital camera
    a video camera, one that uses only a SD card and no tape...so easy to use
    math manipulatives

4. dillpickle

dillpickle Rookie

Jun 5, 2007

A kidney table for small groups!!--That's what I've asked for!! Or really begged for...
    Books, digital camera just for the classroom, pocket charts, manipulatives, bean bags for your classroom library, printer ink, art supplies, paper, pencils, treats, things to play with at recess, books on tape for listening center, cd/tape player for a listening center

5. kburen

kburen Cohort

Jun 6, 2007

I won't allow myself to think about what I would do when I'm lucky to get 1/5 of that much to spend myself :) But I did want to say congratulations!! :)