supplies

Discussion in 'Elementary Education Archives' started by Guest, Aug 7, 2002.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

Aug 7, 2002

im going to be sending home my supply list next week. Here is what i have so far..what do you think?

pencils w erasers
    6 folders
    glue stick
    backpack
    scissors
    marble notebook
    spiral notbook
    girls --hand sanatizing cream
    boys box of tissues

oh this is for first grade thanks!

3. 5leafclover

5leafclover Companion

Aug 8, 2002

I'd specify Fiscar brand scissors. That way you won't get many of those cheap metal ones that hurt the kids' hands.

You might ask them to get the two-pack of glue sticks. Those things run out fast.

You might want to specify how many pages in the spiral notebook. 70, 180, 200, etc?

Nick

4. LisaN

LisaN Rookie

Aug 8, 2002

In my area hand sanitizer cost much more than a box of tissues, so you may want to rethink that one. If they each bring a small bottle of sanitizer it may turn out better. I agree to make the scissors Fiskars. If these things are to be pooled, then you don't need them to put them in a pencil box, but if they are personal, have them add a container, they are under $1.00, especially at Walmart! Have you seen their back to school stock? Incredible! I never knew there could be so much!

5. Guest

Guest Guest

Aug 8, 2002

How many pencils? (No.2?) Possibly more than one glue stick or even an additional bottle. One stick doesn't seem to last very long these days. Any additional erasers? Sometimes we leave a blank line at the bottom of each list and hand write a special item for each student to contribute to class. Are your kiddos going to need sticky notes at all for reading/writing?

6. latybug

latybug Rookie

Aug 8, 2002

Looks pretty good. You may want to ask for certain colors on the folders. It is easier to ask the first graders to get out their blue folder than their reading folder. This helps speed things up a bit. You may also want two boxes of kleenex. First grade seems to use a lot of tissues. My daughter's school asked for large zip lock baggies to put the take home reading books in. They also asked for playdough. I don't suggest eraser tops for first grade. They become a real pain. Large pink erasers work well though. Good luck!

7. Guest

Guest Guest

Aug 8, 2002

Art supplies? Crayons, paint box, etc. I'd also call for large white erasers, they are so much less frustrating! Maybe you could also ask for a picture of each student to hang on the wall with their name on for a getting to know you activity.

8. SpecialPreskoo

SpecialPreskoo Moderator

Aug 8, 2002

might i suggest the Elmers Gel Glue sticks... they stick GREAT!!

you may also want some baby wipes for WHO KNOWS WHAT. They come in handy :) Cleaning hands, faces, desks...

Lori

9. Guest

Guest Guest

Aug 8, 2002

I ask my kids to each bring a pack of handi-wipes for cleaning desks.