Supplies - CHEAP

Discussion in 'New Teachers' started by MomtoCAV, Jul 7, 2008.

1. MomtoCAV

MomtoCAV Rookie

Jul 7, 2008

For those of you aren't aware of it - Staples has awesome deals for teachers! You just need to take proof of employment - a pay stub, copy of your contract, etc. and sign up for their Teacher Rewards program. A couple of the perks of the program are: increased limits on some of their awesome back to school prices and cash back based on your quarterly purchases!

When you check out just show them your card and your "limits" increase. For example: the limit on folders was supposed to be 10 - but in my city they increase it to 25 for teachers! (from another board I learned that the increased limit isn't the same for all cities, some people could only increase by five more items)

I went today (for their one cent sale on folders, pencils and hand sanitizers) and got: 85 folders, 35 pkgs of pencils and 25 hand sanitizers for less than $1.50! I had to visit two stores and a friend helped me with purchasing the folders.

Anyway, just thought I'd share! My s-i-l has been teaching for 15 years and wasn't aware of their program.

3. scienceteach82

scienceteach82 Cohort

Jul 7, 2008

I've been teaching 2 years, and just found out about it...it's great!