Supervisor

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by MissH225, Jan 18, 2009.

1. MissH225

MissH225 Comrade

Jan 18, 2009

On an application I was looking at/thinking about filling out they ask for my supervisor. Currently I am working as an Instructional Assistant for a 4th grade classroom. I'm assuming I would put the principal but what about the classroom teacher I am working under? Could I put her? It just seems she sees my work more then the principal does. Or should I just save her as a reference?

Also is it true that for teaching experience most corporations only consider teaching experience where you were the main classroom teacher?

3. Suburban Gal

Suburban Gal (formerly Elizabeth) Banned

Jan 18, 2009

Obviously, your immediate boss would be the classroom teacher. Your actual supervisor would be the principal. So, I'd definitely be putting the principal down. (I assume the classroom teacher probably discusses you with the principla from time to time and even sends evaluations off to him or her.) Do save the classroom teacher as a reference. I'm sure she'd be glad to say something good about you if contacted. In fact, you may even see if you can get a letter of reference from her.

That's just my :2cents:.