Superintendent is not returning my call

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by SashaBear, Aug 18, 2009.

1. SashaBear

SashaBear Companion

Aug 18, 2009

Getting nervous. I have been trying to get ahold of the superintendant of a school with a job opening. I've called twice, Friday and Monday (once a day). School started today so I am hoping he was just too busy to call me back. I emailed my resume over a week ago and have heard nothing so I am wanting to double check that he got it. I found out last week that another school's P lost my resume (and a bunch of others) and I never called to confirm that they had it. I'm wanting to avoid that.

3. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Aug 18, 2009

Can you stop by and drop it off?

You can assume that things are insanely crazy at this particular point in time in the Superintendant's office.

4. Katisop99

Katisop99 Rookie

Aug 18, 2009

I agree with Aliceacc, dropping off in person is the way to go. That is how I got my interviews.

5. teachersk

teachersk Connoisseur

Aug 18, 2009

Can you not speak to a secretary or something? Superintendents are incredibly busy, especially at the start of school. I definitely don't think he/she is ignoring you on purpose.

6. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Aug 18, 2009

I agree with Alice!

7. SashaBear

SashaBear Companion

Aug 19, 2009

I have only talked to the secretary. She said it is in his personal email account. She apparently does not have access.

The school is 45 minutes to an hour away. I guess I could go. I will be tight on time. If I leave early enough, I should be able to make it. I have to get back to take my son to preschool.

8. MsManda3

MsManda3 Rookie

Aug 19, 2009

Hello everyone!! I'm brand new to this site. I think it just depends on the district whether or not to call the principals or schools in general. I have been calling HR departments and emailing schools like crazy all summer, but I'm still not getting any calls and am very anxious. I just called schools (even though the HR departments say not to), just to express my interest in the school, how I'm open to any teaching position, and if it's okay to personally deliver my resume and cover letter (I want to meet the staff in person). I'm on my way now to drop off my cover letter and resume right now.

I'd say, call schools and ask for the principal's secretary, but that's just me.