Superintendent "interview"

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by GermanTeacher89, Jul 9, 2013.

1. GermanTeacher89

GermanTeacher89 Rookie

Jul 9, 2013

I haven't been posting here for long, but if you read my last post, then you'd know that I've been offered a German teaching position. However, the timeline confuses me and I'd like some opinions on what to expect. A little background: I was called for an interview for June 24th, but I had a vacation planned and was out of the country - so they told me it was the only day to interview, sorry, and if they didn't like anyone they would contact me. It was my first choice school and I was devastated. However, while in Mexico, they sent me and e-mail to interview on July 2nd at 8am. So, of course I said yes. Fast forward to July 2nd. I interviewed - I knew it went really really well. The P told me to expect things to go very quickly. Here is where the timeline gets confusing and I need opinions. The superintendent's secretary called me to set up a "2nd interview" for tomorrow at 8:30 - she said it would be quick - 30 minutes. BUT then the P called me a couple hours later to offer me the position and I said yes. Now, what should I expect for this "interview" tomorrow. What should I bring with me - portfolio, clearances, etc.?

Sorry for the lengthy post... and thank you:):help:

3. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Jul 9, 2013

Just a formality...be yourself...the Supe may talk salary and the like. No worries. :2cents:

4. leighbball

leighbball Virtuoso

Jul 9, 2013

Agree with czacza but be prepared in case the Super wants to ask any questions. Congrats!!

5. cheeryteacher

cheeryteacher Enthusiast

Jul 9, 2013

Congrats on the new job!
    I agree with the above posters. In my district you meet with the personnel director to talk salary, sign an intent to hire letter, talk about when you will be approved by the school board, new teacher orientation, etc.

6. GermanTeacher89

GermanTeacher89 Rookie

Jul 10, 2013

Thank you! You were all right. The only questions he asked was tell me about yourself and why ABC school district. Then he offered me the job and told me salary (which isn't exact because they haven't figured out the new salary matrix yet). Then offered me the job - eventhough the principal already did. Oh well, I'm not complaining - finally got a job! :):thanks:

7. RainStorm

RainStorm Phenom

Jul 10, 2013

Congrats GermanTeacher -- I'm glad everything went so well!

8. Maryhf

Maryhf Connoisseur

Jul 10, 2013

Congratulations! I hope it's a great year!

9. ktmiller222

ktmiller222 Cohort

Jul 10, 2013

Congrats! Take everything you have!

10. leighbball

leighbball Virtuoso

Jul 10, 2013

:D