Sunday evening tension

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by TeacherWhoRuns, Apr 29, 2018.

1. TeacherWhoRuns

TeacherWhoRuns Companion

Apr 29, 2018

Does anyone else have serious tension on Sunday evening about going back to work on Monday? I have some very difficult students, an admin who has made it clear she doesn't like me and two more months of school. I'm also on a temp contract, so this time of year is always stressful because I don't know if I'll get to teach summer school or whether I'll get a position next year.
    To make it worse this week, my husband was called into his manager's office on Friday and told that another manager complained to HR about a supposed confrontation he'd had with another employee a week and a half prior. He couldn't remember the conversation, but evidently it wasn't what he said, but his "tone" was an issue. Apparently it was left at "We'll see what HR wants to do next." Yeah....no tension there. Logic would lead you to believe that a vague accusation of "tone" wouldn't lead to much, but we've both known too many people who have lost jobs due to trumped-up charges that they can't fight. I feel sick to my stomach about the whole thing.
    Sigh....it's not a great Sunday night.

3. Joyful!

Joyful! Habitué

Apr 29, 2018

Hang in there!
    My dad always used to say that it is only the first hundred years that are hard! :)
    Tomorrow will be tomorrow either way. Hope you can relax.
    I'll say a prayer for you tomorrow.

4. Backroads

Backroads Aficionado

Apr 29, 2018

I'm sorry!

I used to have it, and I suppose I get it every now and then, but the past few years I have taken it in stride.

5. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Apr 29, 2018

If I had those things going on like you, I'd be worried and stressed too. Take it one day at a time. I know, sometimes easier said than done, but what else is there to do! :)

6. kellzy

kellzy Comrade

Apr 29, 2018

I used to get stressed on Sunday nights.
    Then I worked with a lady who had been teaching for 58 years at that time, 60 by the time she finally threw the towel in. So not kidding. Her first year teaching was the 1953-1954 school year. She could have been the teacher of both my parents.
    She told me: Just stop caring about what other people think about you.
    So I did. I took her advice and I stopped caring what people think of me. My principal can hate me, my students can hate me, but so long as I don't care that they hate me they can't hurt me. I know it's easier said than done, but even if they loved you not one of them would lose a wink of sleep over your death so why care what they think about you?

Been There and Backroads like this.