Summer!

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by MissScrimmage, Aug 7, 2012.

1. MissScrimmage

MissScrimmage Aficionado

Aug 7, 2012

I know lots of you are back at school or getting ready, but those of us who taught until the end of June are still enjoying our summer!

I just finished up 1 1/2 hours of making cards. I love stamping, cutting and cropping and really relish this summer time that I have to take the time to enjoy a hobby.

Now I'm going to eat a quick lunch because I am off to help a friend move into her new classroom. Then it's out this evening with some girlfriends who I went to university with.

:thumb:

3. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Aug 7, 2012

I'm still enjoying my summer days as well!

4. MrsC

MrsC Multitudinous

Aug 7, 2012

School starts for me 4 weeks today. I'll be in several days before then, but we have no meetings, training or mandatory days, so my time is my own. Having dinner with friends from school tomorrow night!

5. leighbball

leighbball Virtuoso

Aug 7, 2012

I'm still enjoying it, too! Although I now have to start thinking about my room and all :) I'm going in for the first time tomorrow to really attack my room. But I mostly still have fun with my little man. It's going to be very hard to leave him in September!

6. Jlyn07

Jlyn07 Comrade

Aug 7, 2012

As soon as summer school is over (Thursday!!) I will be enjoying my summer for about 3 weeks until school starts. I still have a bunch of school things to do before then so I hope it goes by slowly!

7. leighbball

leighbball Virtuoso

Aug 7, 2012

This is only my second summer ever that I haven't worked or attended a bazillion workshops and trainings. I think my son was a blessing to teach me to slow down a bit once in a while :)

8. MissScrimmage

MissScrimmage Aficionado

Aug 7, 2012

Me too!

9. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Aug 8, 2012

I WISH I was still enjoying summer! Started back Aug 1st, but I personally don't work wih kids until the 13th. Yay! This year, I'll only have to work with kids 3 days a week many weeks of te year! :D

10. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Aug 8, 2012

What do you do in the meantime Ms I? Are you screening new students?

11. MissCeliaB

MissCeliaB Aficionado

Aug 8, 2012

I would go crazy! If it weren't for the kids, I wouldn't be teaching. I would be so bummed that I only got to work with kids some days every week. That's how I stay energized about my job. I figure they have plenty of energy, so it's okay if I feed off of them.

12. Rabbitt

Rabbitt Connoisseur

Aug 8, 2012

Enjoyng here too.
    Generally, we are off Memorial Day to Labor Day.

We have had a busy, yet laid back summer.
    LOTS of baseball yet it's a blast sitting and watching with friends.

I have been going in evenings as I have to take mt sons to football practice anyhow. I don't get much done in 2 hours, yet after 6 evenings, it's come a long way.

13. MrsC

MrsC Multitudinous

Aug 8, 2012

I agree. Being with the kids is the best part of my day!

14. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Aug 8, 2012

I agree! Aren't they why we do what we do?:love::thumb:

15. kcjo13

kcjo13 Phenom

Aug 8, 2012

My daughters start back next Wednesday. This is the first year in my entire adult life I haven't been getting ready to "go back" (although we are gearing up for the fall semester to start here at the college, but that's different). It's weird, and I do miss it a little. I REALLY miss my colleagues-that's my biggest complaint about my new job, not having a lot of direct contact with coworkers.

BUT, I will say...you know how parents always say they can't wait for school to start? I am kinda in that position now! My girls have enjoyed their summer, but they are now driving each other (and me) CRAZY. It will also be nice to not have to wake them up at 6:00 and take them to the sitter. My mom comes over to our house, and gets them on the bus at 7:20. :cool:

16. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Aug 8, 2012

Whoops, didn't mean to sound so happy about it! :p With many SLPs, there's just so much paperwork, assessments, ripping & running back/forth to schools, etc., that they don't get to work with the kids themselves at times...ironic, yes. As for me, I'm being given a full-time job's worth of work & having to cram it into a part-time schedule. Don't get me wrong, I'm grateful for my job! Hey I did it that way last year. We'll see how it goes again.