Summer Workshop Ideas?

Discussion in 'General Education' started by stampin'teacher, May 8, 2012.

1. stampin'teacher

stampin'teacher Cohort

May 8, 2012

I'm looking for a possible summer workshop to attend, but I have to admit I'm a little lost at where to look. I'm not sure what direction I want to go...my previous school always had possibilities floating around, so ideas came to me. Here at my new school I'm on my own. I was thinking something for Science, or a workshop focused on progressive education (as that's the philosophy of my school).

Any great websites or workshops on your radar for the summer?

3. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

May 8, 2012

I would focus on areas that you think need improvement or that would benefit your classroom (the progressive education workshop is a good one).

4. each1teach1

each1teach1 Cohort

May 8, 2012

^what she said. This summer I'm doing College Board Pre-AP World Languages training because I want to be able to teach upper level classes next year. Reflect on the past year, decide on a change you want to make for next year and then search around for workshops that focus on that.

5. stampin'teacher

stampin'teacher Cohort

May 10, 2012

Thanks for the advice everyone! Yeah, I definitely need to brush up on progressive education..it's just so hard to figure out which would be the most worthwhile to go to!