Summer Science program

Discussion in 'Secondary Education' started by JRafko, May 22, 2013.

1. JRafko

JRafko Rookie

May 22, 2013

Hello, I am looking for project ideas to do for a summer science program. The students will be entering Physical Science, Biology, and Chemistry and gearing my lessons towards those topics. I am trying to do as much hands on activities and interactive things to do. Do any of you have websites, or favorite activities you would do/are doing in a summer program.

3. Myrisophilist

Myrisophilist Habitué

May 22, 2013

Are the kids signing up for this program willingly, or is it some sort of credit recovery or remediation program? How many kids? How long is the program?

4. ChristyF

ChristyF Moderator

May 22, 2013

5. JRafko

JRafko Rookie

May 23, 2013

Through this program they are required to go. They must be at 4 hours of tutoring during the week and maintain at least a 2.0 GPA. They willingly signed up for the program and are being paid to come to tutoring, About $30 a month. They also go on field-trips to different colleges during the summer every Friday during the six weeks. I will have about 8-10 students in each classroom for an hour each day. Upward Bound is aimed towards students from Low-income families and/or parents who neither have a Bachelors degree from a college.

6. TeachWithFergy

TeachWithFergy Rookie

May 28, 2013

I have a few things that would work extremely well but unfortunately I'm new here and can't post links :( Email me - devon at teachwithfergy dot com and I'll help you out.

Fergy