Summer Plans

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by alilisa, May 4, 2008.

1. alilisa

alilisa Habitué

May 4, 2008

With summer vacation coming soon (I can't wait to get rid of this class!) :D I was wondering what everyone was planning on doing this summer! I know I will be hanging out at home since I will be graduating next weekend with my Master's degree, since I will not have classes to go to!! HURRAY!:p

3. scienceteach82

scienceteach82 Cohort

May 4, 2008

taking online classes for grad school...FUN...chemistry and pre-calculus...ugh

congrats, alilisa!

4. Teacher2Be123

Teacher2Be123 Companion

May 4, 2008

I will be working at the daycare and taking 2 undergrad classess. Elementary Theory of Numbers (yuck) and Intro to Poetry (even yuckier)

5. TeacherShelly

TeacherShelly Aficionado

May 4, 2008

I will be sipping iced tea at the beach while my 6 yo daughters play. I'll be enjoying Summer Vacation for the first time since I was a student. I'll be hanging out with my new co-worker who also wants to set up her room over the summer. I'll be eagerly waiting for august so I can be a real teacher :) :) :)

6. MrsC

MrsC Multitudinous

May 4, 2008

I'll be spending lots of time driving my daughter, who plays competitive soccer, to games throughout Southern Ontario. In between, I'll be taking an on-line course to gain certification to teach grade 7-10 (now I'm qualified JK-6) and taking a few 1-3 day workshops offered by our teachers' federation. Add in some re-decorating and getting my son ready to go off to university in September and I'll be pretty busy!

7. Emma35

Emma35 Connoisseur

May 4, 2008

I'll be sitting back reading a book, sipping a tall cool drink. I'll be spending time on my boat and at my cottage. This summer will not be about school.

8. loves2teach

loves2teach Enthusiast

May 4, 2008

I am going home to visit our families... This will probably be my dh's last summer off (he is a student), so I plan to enjoy it! Hopefully we can take a few small trips, and also just relax :)

9. Turtle321

Turtle321 Companion

May 4, 2008

Looking for a job!!!! (That is full time by itself!)

Otherwise, looking into teaching summer school (no replies yet..ugg) and hanging out with my son.

Amusement parks, day trips, pool, beach & boating. And scrimping and saving haha. :p

10. Miss Kirby

Miss Kirby Fanatic

May 4, 2008

I am teaching summer school if enough kids enroll (if not - then that's fine with me!) I'm taking one online class for my masters. In July I'm going to relax and read, go to CA and hang out at the beach for a week, and plan for next year!

11. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

May 4, 2008

I'll be working my home business, which is fun work, other than that I'll be free!

alilisa, congratulations! I know the feeling of graduating from grad school. Have the summer of your life!

12. MissFrizzle

MissFrizzle Virtuoso

May 4, 2008

Besides job hunting................. doing some home repairs, working part time, and maybe having a BBQ / luau

Getting together with some friends to see some major concerts and some concerts in local parks.

Keeping it low key and not planning on driving too far.:cool:

13. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

May 4, 2008

Job searching, relaxing at the house, having a week off to do whatever b/c DD will be at grandparents for VBS.

14. Proud2BATeacher

Proud2BATeacher Phenom

May 4, 2008

Which on-line program are you going through to get your certification?

15. runsw/scissors

runsw/scissors Phenom

May 4, 2008

I will be working my part time job. I'll also be working on organizing a year-long plan for English instruction and a basic skeleton of plans for science. I'm going up to SD with some friends for a week and then down to southern IL for my grandparent 60th anniversary.

16. buck8teacher

buck8teacher Devotee

May 4, 2008

I'll be tutoring three kiddos and hopefully taking two classes for my masters. I'm also looking forward to actually cleaning out my room! I got hired a few weeks before school and I never really got to throw away the junk left by the other teache.

I might teach summer school, and I'm going to Myrtle Beach! YAY! I also be doing a few 5ks...

17. mrachelle87

mrachelle87 Fanatic

May 4, 2008

I will be grading National Boards in the month of June.

18. MrsC

MrsC Multitudinous

May 5, 2008

I'm taking the AQ course through Nipissing University in Ontario. I've done most of my recent AQ courses through them, although this will be the first on-line (others have been print correspondance). I liked that they don'l mandate specific on-line hours or participation in live discussions like some do.

19. midwestteacher

midwestteacher Cohort

May 5, 2008

I am contracted for 12 months (10 month regular contract + 60 days), soI will be busy this summer. I do get 2 weeks vacation and we will be heading to the mountains for that. I also have 4 days of teacher's conference and two inservice workshops for graduate credit.

20. Rascal225

Rascal225 New Member

May 6, 2008

I'm hoping to find a part time job this summer and I'm heading to Las Vegas in August! (I know, I'm insane to go there in August, but it's the only time the whole fam can get together!) Other than that, I'll be taking day trips around NH and MA.

21. runsw/scissors

runsw/scissors Phenom

May 6, 2008

I plan on napping as often as possible. I love being able to just crash whenever I feel like it.

22. corps2005

corps2005 Cohort

May 6, 2008

In June, I plan on going hiking a few times in the north Georgia mountains. I also plan on painting my living room now that the dining room is done. In July, we're going to Ecuador for 2.5 weeks. Then, I guess, it's time to come back home and prepare for another year. :p

23. dizzykates

dizzykates Habitué

May 6, 2008

I'm going on a cruise in June and then several long weekends in July. Tutoring two kids a few times a week, maybe painting out guest bedroom, and then tending my plants. My hope is to grow a beautiful and bountiful garden in containers. We shall see how that goes. Besides that I will be sitting at home reading, painting or going for long walks. I am soooooo ready. 6 more weeks...

Last edited: May 6, 2008