Summer 2014 TV

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by Ms. I, Mar 22, 2014.

1. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Mar 22, 2014

Summer 2014 TV!

Long gone are the days when there were nothing but re-runs during the summer! What new shows will you be watching? I'll watch:

Rosemary's Baby - ch.4, based on the movie
    Hierolgyph - ch. 11
    Gotham - ch. 11
    Utopia - ch. 11
    Bachelorette - ch. 7
    Extant - ch. 2 (yes, meant that spelling)
    Gang Related - ch. 11
    The Last Ship - ch. TNT
    Legends - ch. TNT
    Murder in the First - ch. TNT
    Chasing Life - ch. ABC Family
    Mystery Girls - ch. ABC Family

And of course, many old returning favorites.

3. MissCeliaB

MissCeliaB Aficionado

Mar 22, 2014

I'm usually only home for about three weeks out of my summer break anyway, and use that time to take a college course, so I probably won't watch anything g new. I'll just keep up with whatever my DVR records for me.

4. mathmagic

mathmagic Enthusiast

Mar 22, 2014

'24' :)

5. Missy

Missy Aficionado

Mar 22, 2014

I've never heard of any of those shows, but I rarely watch anything except The Big Bang Theory.

6. DizneeTeachR

DizneeTeachR Virtuoso

Mar 23, 2014

Summer means Franklin & Bash!!!

7. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Mar 27, 2014

I watched Franklin & Bash when it first started. I had always liked Mark Paul Gosselaar. But, I soon stopped watching. There was just something about the show I didn't like.

8. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Phenom

Mar 27, 2014

There are just too many shows!! I used to watch so many but just stopped due to lack of time more than not liking them.

9. a2z

a2z Maven

Mar 27, 2014

What is ch 2, ch 11?

10. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Phenom

Mar 27, 2014

Channel?

11. SpecialPreskoo

SpecialPreskoo Moderator

Mar 27, 2014

So Franklin and Bash is coming back? YAY!!!

Under the Dome is coming back, too.

I want to see Extant, Bachelorette... I haven't heard of Rosemary's Baby coming on. Guess I'll check it out. Sounds like something I'd like. Haven't heard of Murder in the First.

And Big Brother. It is goofy but we watch it. I hope Showtime picks up the After Dark extension of it. I know they will say a ton of bad words but on the TV Guide channel you couldn't keep up with the conversations when one person's bleeped out bad word blocked someone else's conversation. Bleepity bleep bleep.

12. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Mar 27, 2014

Yep...channel.

13. a2z

a2z Maven

Mar 27, 2014

Not everyone has a ch 2 or a ch 11.... I was aware that it meant channel.

14. SpecialPreskoo

SpecialPreskoo Moderator

Mar 27, 2014

Ok... channel.. ABC? NBC? CBS? FOX?

When we seen knew shows being advertised, I put them in my calendar on my phone! I'll forget about them if I don't! LOL

15. DizneeTeachR

DizneeTeachR Virtuoso

Mar 27, 2014

Franklin & Bash is on TNT... website says this summer 4th season....if I hear when I'll let you know...

16. yellowdaisies

yellowdaisies Fanatic

Mar 27, 2014

I live in the same region as Ms I - 2 is CBS, 4 is NBC, 11 is Fox, and 7 is ABC. :p

I don't really watch a lot of summer series (though I watch plenty of regular season shows). I'll watch Switched at Birth on ABC Family when it comes back on (I can't help but love that show...:lol:). SAB just had their spring finale this Monday.

17. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Phenom

Mar 28, 2014

I watch most tv shows on HULU so I never pay attention to channels. If it wasn't for Ms. I's tv show threads I would miss a lot of new shows! Thanks!

18. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Mar 28, 2014

Sure thing Teacher NY!

19. a2z

a2z Maven

Mar 28, 2014

Thank you Yellowdaisies!

20. i8myhomework

i8myhomework Comrade

Mar 28, 2014

I'm ridiculously excited for I Wanna Marry "Harry", a reality show about a bunch of contestants who think they are competing for a chance to marry Prince Harry. Little do they know, he's actually not Prince Harry but a lookalike.

http://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty/2014032717802/prince-harry-lookalike-american-tv-competition-marry/

It looks like garbage but of course that means I'll watch it. It sounds mean spirited and train-wreck awful.

The show premieres on Fox at the end of May so def a summer series!

21. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Mar 28, 2014

i8myhomework, I never heard of this one. I'll probably watch. The lookalike looks better than the original to me!

22. bora

bora Rookie

Mar 28, 2014

I watch whatever is on TV. Whatever I feel like watching at that moment. There are many TV shows I like, but not "obsessed"with any TV shows. I don't want to get "hooked"at any of them.

23. Major

Major Connoisseur

Mar 28, 2014

Absolutely no disrespect meant .... but I just can't get the intense interest in TV ..... There is a lot of meaningful things in life out there ... that is outside your den or living room.... (Now .... as I type I will be watching March Madness basketball for several hours tonight ....:lol::lol:)

24. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Mar 28, 2014

I agree with you. I tend to watch the news, sports, few 'reality shows' on reruns (my brain dead moments of the week), and some pay chanel series (Game of Thrones. Boardwalk Empire...) I'm not one to jump on new series...nor have I heard even a whisper of the shows mentioned in the op.

25. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Mar 28, 2014

Not at all Major! :)...everyone has different interests. For me, it's one of life's simple pleasures. I like going to the movies as well. I remember my favorite shows I loved when I was a child & teen:

Little House on the Prairie
    Wonder Woman starring Lynda Carter
    Gilligan's Island
    F Troop
    Gidget starring Sally Field
    Cosby Show
    Family Ties
    Bewitched
    I Love Lucy
    Punky Brewster
    Different Strokes
    Charles in Charge
    Mr. Belvedere
    Small Wonder
    Sledge Hammer
    Silver Spoons
    CHiPs
    My Two Dads
    Sabrina the Teenage Witch
    Melrose Place
    Models Inc.
    Today's Special - LOVED it & when it moved to only Nickelodeon, which I didn't have, I remember being so mad!

Yep & I could list more I watched. Of course all these weren't airing at the same time, but I had my shows throughout the yrs.

And I still had a normal, happy childhood, got good grades throughout the yrs, took piano lessons from 7-17, was exposed to the performing arts, went on summer trips every yr, went bowling, ice skating, played tennis, had pets, went to summer school to be ahead (NOT due to failing a class :)), etc.

26. swansong1

swansong1 Virtuoso

Mar 29, 2014

I am glad Under the Dome is coming back. Don't have a clue about any of those other shows. I tend to watch mostly SyFy channel and the court shows.

27. knitter63

knitter63 Groupie

Mar 29, 2014

I don't watch a lot of TV period-it is usually one for background noise, but in the summer I am usually outside, so I don't watch it much.
    However, I do watch Switched at Birth.

28. i8myhomework

i8myhomework Comrade

Mar 29, 2014

Speaking of ABC Family, I've been sick so I binge watched the first season of Pretty Little Liars over the course of two days. Lawd, the intensity and drama...

It's so funny how I can't relate to high school shows anymore yet still find them entertaining. Also I've recently realized that I older than Buffy, Willow and Xander circa the college year. I've surpassed their ages. So crazy to think about!

29. Upsadaisy

Upsadaisy Moderator

Mar 29, 2014

Oh, I love Franklin and Bash. Both of them. And Roddy McDowell.

I'm looking forward to Royal Pains, too.

I can't watch the teenyboppers shows anymore. Excruciating.

30. Major

Major Connoisseur

Mar 29, 2014

With the past, I have nothing to do; nor with the future. I live now. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

I think what Emerson is saying to me is ...... "Strap your canoe on the top of your truck ... and go find a stream, pond or lake ...."

For what it's worth I do watch some TV but given the opportunity to "live for me" rather than live vicariously through "actors" .... I choose the former ...... That's just me. We are all different. :)

31. chemteach55

chemteach55 Connoisseur

Mar 29, 2014

I cannot wait for Under the Dome to return which is unusual for me because the only TV I watch other than Netflix or Amazon Prime is The Voice.

32. Jerseygirlteach

Jerseygirlteach Groupie

Mar 30, 2014

I like TV and I don't feel ashamed about it. :) That being said, there really isn't much that I watch. This about sums it up:

CSI
    Once Upon a Time
    Daily Show
    Sleepy Hollow
    the occasional HGTV show - especially House Hunters
    Resurrection - I've been watching it, but it's starting to lose my interest.

That's it. I used to watch American Idol, but not for a few years now and I have zero interest in any other reality TV. I'm not much for movies. Once in a blue moon, they'll be a movie on that I want to watch, but we're talking maybe 4 or 5 movies a year - max. I have ZERO interest in watching sports other than the Olympics. Even my husband really doesn't watch sports other than a rare soccer game or the Superbowl.

I love books and devour them. I would go outside more, but I hate the cold and I live in the Northeast. So, in the spring and summer, we'll go for long walks or sit outside, but in the cold, we tend to veg out in front of the TV for an hour or so a night. If the hubby is watching anything other than the shows I mentioned, I'll just curl up with a book.

Nothing wrong with a bit of TV watching, though, I think. :)

33. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Mar 30, 2014

Jerseygirlteach, regarding specifically sports-watching, I only watch tennis & the Olympics. My SO, believe it or not, doesn't watch ANY sports ever, which is great with me.

34. chemteach55

chemteach55 Connoisseur

Mar 30, 2014

I wish--if my husband and son are not playing a sport or at a sports event then they are watching sports.

35. MrsC

MrsC Multitudinous

Mar 30, 2014

In my house, I watch more sports than anyone else does!

36. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Mar 30, 2014

I'm so glad I never have to worry about my SO having football/baseball/basketball parties & screaming/clapping at the TV whenever there's a big game, which my SO doesn't see the point in that anyway...the screaming/clapping at the TV part, I mean.

37. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Mar 30, 2014

I live in a house with sports loving men. We go to Yankees games, have been to the Patriots training camp, college games, horse races...it's exciting for us. It's not how I grew up (my dad isn't the biggest sports fan and we had three sisters in my house...sports weren't part of our family experience)... But like most relationships, you share your interests. Dh has come to enjoy Broadway shows and museums (and has been my date at the symphony) just as I've come to learn 'sports' and love cheering for our teams.

I will be watching TURN on AMC starting April 6...haven't seen anything else new that intrigues me.

Enjoy what you like!

38. Major

Major Connoisseur

Mar 30, 2014

Your husband and son would be welcome in my Mancave ...... any time ....... :lol::lol:

39. chemteach55

chemteach55 Connoisseur

Mar 30, 2014

Thanks Major--I will ship them right up to you!!

40. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Phenom

Mar 31, 2014

No sports in my house. We don't have cable so we can't watch live sports anyway which is fine with my husband. I have a friend on facebook who says her husband will stomp his feet and have a tantrum if his sports team doesn't win. I think he even cried once. I'm so glad I don't have to deal with that LOL!!!

I do admit I should be doing other things instead of watching tv sometimes but it is nice just to watch a show or 2. Once in a while I will fold laundry or do school work while watching tv just so I don't "waste time" but mostly I just sit with my doggy on my lap and relax! One of the reasons I really like watching tv online is that you can watch a show any time and not just when it's on tv. Also, no commercials!

41. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Mar 31, 2014

Some of my TV watching isn't a total waste. I can do my at-home job while watching TV.