Suggestions!?!?!

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by Mrs.Mom, Aug 27, 2008.

1. Mrs.Mom

Mrs.Mom Companion

Aug 27, 2008

I have one bulletin board left open. I don't know what I should put on it. So far I have a "Start of the Week", calendar, and focus wall (stolen idea-thank you!), I was thinking of a word wall, or a place to display outstanding work. I would love any input and/or suggestions!! :):thanks:

3. Jem

Jem Aficionado

Aug 27, 2008

4. love2teach

love2teach Enthusiast

Aug 27, 2008

You know what? I used to stress over filling up every board....but I have learnd that it is okay to have a blank one! You will find something to put up as the year goes on!! At some point mid year I always find myself thinking, I wish I had another BB!! Leave it blank if you are not sure of what to put up...just have the paper and boarder on it so it looks nice!

5. MissHunny

MissHunny Comrade

Aug 27, 2008

I have an exemplar board and a board dedicated to social skills/ character traits, that goes along with some my classroom management system. When we do actvities such as a read aloud that teaches a certain friendship skills, we often do an activity and put it on this board.

6. Mrs.Mom

Mrs.Mom Companion

Aug 27, 2008

Thanks for all the suggestions! I kind of like the idea of leaving it blank. I'll see what I have time for tomorrow. One more day, and then it's Open House!

7. Mrs.Mom

Mrs.Mom Companion

Aug 27, 2008

Jem, what's the deal with the Homeworkopoly? It looks really cool! Did you make it? I keep seeing people write about it on here, but I have no idea how it works!

8. runsw/scissors

runsw/scissors Phenom

Aug 28, 2008

Google it. There is a website with free downloads and instructions on how to use the game. We play once a week in my classroom-well, anyone without late work for the week plays. The kids love it, and it motivates some of those who are apathetic about homework.

9. HufflePuff

HufflePuff Cohort

Aug 28, 2008

i have a blank board that says "a snapshot of our work". this will stay up all year (maybe) and random work will be put on it.

10. FarFromHome

FarFromHome Connoisseur

Aug 28, 2008

I left a blank one for the first day. We did an art project and I put it up right after we finished. My other ones-I have a concept/question board for Open Court Reading, I have one that has a birthday chart, incentive chart, and classroom rules, I have a welcome board, and one with parts of speech.

11. Samothrace

Samothrace Cohort

Aug 28, 2008

I've seen I'm Good At Boards. Put up all their names on the board with lists under their names. so if they are doing independent work or something and have a question, send them to the board and they can seek out a classmate who might be good at adding, or science or whatever. This idea could be used in a bunch of different ways.

12. Emma35

Emma35 Connoisseur

Aug 28, 2008

I have 2 huge bulletin boards that are empty. I have paper up and a border and that is about it. School starts Tuesday (1/2 day) and the parents come in the afternoon and they will still be empty. However within a few days they will be full of student work.

13. runsw/scissors

runsw/scissors Phenom

Aug 28, 2008

I used to worry about having empty bulletin boards on Back to School night. Now it doesn't bother me if on or two of them only have paper and borders because we will fill them soon enough. I have one board this is still empty, but I think we are going to use it for Spotlight Student (like Star Student with a movie star flair). I'm starting that the week after Labor Day.