Suggestions....student wins every game.....

Discussion in 'General Education' started by ecteach, Dec 7, 2020.

1. ecteach

ecteach Groupie

Dec 7, 2020

I have a student who is much higher than all of the other students in my class. Every time we play a game, he wins by a landslide, and it's starting to show that it's not as fun for the other students now. Obviously, I am very proud of him for ALWAYS knowing the answers. I would never tell him not to answer or anything like that. But, it's not really even fair to put him on a team with other kids, because that team is definitely going to win.

Suggestions are appreciated.

3. Tired Teacher

Tired Teacher Connoisseur

Dec 8, 2020

For years, I had really a huge range of abilities and almost every year there was at least 1 like that. A couple of years ago, I only had 1 and had the same problem. If you have 2 or more, you can even out the teams.
    I talked to him alone and explained he was working on a different level. If the game was competitive, I'd give him options he liked to do on another level. He was actually happy doing something fun that he was into.
    There are some games that are fun that are not competitive that you could have the class play. This way he'd be included in the game, but there is no actual winner. What grade do you teach? Are you online or face to face?