Subtest I HELP

Discussion in 'Multiple Subject Tests' started by fairytale, Nov 30, 2010.

1. fairytale

fairytale New Member

Nov 30, 2010

Section I HELP (subtest I)- history, language development, etc.

Hello, I have taken the CSET subtest I a couple of times- lets just say 5 times and I still cannot pass it. I tried a workshop and that did not help :( I wanted to know if any of you used a website or book (other than the cliff notes) to pass the exam? Any suggestions as to what to study more? It just seems like so much to study in one test :unsure:

Any suggestions would help. If you have any questions you may remember from the last time you took it- constructive response questions, please let me know. Thanks so much.

~Fairytale~:help:

3. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

Nov 30, 2010

Welcome to A to Z, fairytale.

I'm sorry to hear that CSET-MS Subtest I is giving you grief. What are you seeing on side 2 of your score report?

What sorts of materials were used in the workshop you took?

4. myownwoman

myownwoman Habitué

Dec 4, 2010

I am sorry about that fairytale. I am mostly studying from the CSET Cliffs Notes by Jerry Bobrow and Stephen Fisher. This study book is amazing! The authors has done a terrific job reviewing the test as a whole. The book goes in-depth into many of the areas you will be tested on. The book also has study tips that I think will greatly benefit you or anybody taking the test.

Best wishes fairytale.

5. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

Dec 4, 2010

Many people do well with the Cliffs book, and many people don't. I always recommend examining any given test prep book before buying it - one wants to look for the book that suits one's needs and one's learning style.